NFL 2014 Week One....Momma Said Knock Your Wife Out

Started by CountDeMoney, September 04, 2014, 06:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 08, 2014, 02:02:33 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 08, 2014, 01:51:17 PM
Looks like Flacco's going to break his attempts record this season.  :lol:

Forsett looked good when he was in yesterday.  I guess he's too small to be an every down back but what the hell, give him a shot.  And I'm sure Pierce will get a chance to redeem himself.

Yeah, he looked sharp and decisive, didn't dawdle when he made a decision, but he was also running against a defense that was protecting a lead.  Pierce will get his carries, but I think Taliaferro will wind up getting more of the carries as the season wears on, just a lot to put on a rookie right now.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 08, 2014, 02:02:56 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 08, 2014, 01:56:38 PM
The unfortunate consequence of all this is that black women all across America are free to act like a damned fool with their mans now.

Be careful out there.

A flip flop can kill a man if you hit him right.

sbr

CountDeMoney

:lol:

I wonder if New Jersey is going to terminate the contract of the prosecutor that accepted a diversionary plea.

CountDeMoney

Stay classy, Fox & Friends!   :lol:

QuoteNew low for Fox & Friends: Joking about Ray Rice elevator assault

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2014/09/08/new-low-for-fox-friends-joking-about-ray-rice-elevator-assault/?hpid=z1

"I think the message is, take the stairs."

Alcibiades

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 08, 2014, 12:30:31 PM
Cutting him, and he's a $9.5m in dead cap next year, and $4.75m in dead cap space in 2016.  She wasn't hit as hard as the cap would be.

Read that it won't count against the cap and that he won't be paid anything. 

How does that work exactly?
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

sbr

The guaranteed money in his contract was front loaded so the ravens dint owe him anything else.

The bonus money should still hit the cap, but I read something that said if the league had suspended him before they cut him they could have gotten a bunch of money back.

sbr

For the salary cap bonus money is spread along the life of the contract, so $20 million signing bonus on a 5 year deal counts for $4 million a year. Once they cut him all of the remaining money hits the cap all at once.

katmai

Thanks Ray Rice, making everybody forget my Niners own problems :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

ulmont

Quote from: Alcibiades on September 08, 2014, 03:31:47 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 08, 2014, 12:30:31 PM
Cutting him, and he's a $9.5m in dead cap next year, and $4.75m in dead cap space in 2016.  She wasn't hit as hard as the cap would be.

Read that it won't count against the cap and that he won't be paid anything. 

How does that work exactly?

He never made the 53 man roster for the regular season based on the first suspension, which apparently is magic.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 07, 2014, 08:52:12 PM
I think we have forgotten one of the most important things today:

Belicheat lost.

I'm still excited about that. :)

CountDeMoney

QuoteThe net effect for the Ravens' salary-cap situation, having shed Rice's five-year, $35 million contract that included $22 million in guaranteed money already paid to him through a $15 million signing bonus and a $7 million option bonus, is they're now $6.864 million under the NFL salary-cap limit of $133 million.

Next year the Ravens will absorb a $9.5 million hit in dead money against the salary cap. Through the timing of his release, Rice has essentially been designated as a post-June 1 cut with the impact of his pro-rated salary-cap figures divided between this year and next year.

Rice had remaining non-guaranteed base salaries of $3 million in 2015 and 2016 that have now been eliminated. The Ravens don't owe him any more money.

Grey Fox

Do the Giants not know who Megatron is? You gotta cover that guy.

My LFFL team is thankful for the points tho.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Minsky Moment

You know things are going to go well when Manning calls an audible and Donnell looks over and raises both hands in the air in the universal sign language of "say what"?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson