NFL 2014 Week One....Momma Said Knock Your Wife Out

Started by CountDeMoney, September 04, 2014, 06:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on September 11, 2014, 11:07:40 AM
But isn't it more than that? Isn't it a multi-billion dollar industry?

Sure, but it's a diversion.  I think people tend to attach too much meaning to certain aspects of it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

What is silly talking about NFL culture is that it implies that this is a problem that is special or uniquely problematic for the NFL. Like Ray Rice would never punch his wife in the face if he wasn't an nfl football player.

And there is no reason to believe, that I am aware of, that nfl players are more prone to domestic violence than anyone else.

Maybe Baltimore Ravens are...?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on September 11, 2014, 03:11:25 PM
And there is no reason to believe, that I am aware of, that nfl players are more prone to domestic violence than anyone else.

It depends.  NFL players get arrested for domestic violence at about 55% of the national average for 25-29 year old men.  However, when you also control for income rates, NFL players get arrested more often.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/the-rate-of-domestic-violence-arrests-among-nfl-players/

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on September 11, 2014, 03:11:25 PM
Like Ray Rice would never punch his wife in the face if he wasn't an nfl football player.

So incredibly racist.  You get your robes from the same white sale as dercracker?

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk