Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: grumbler on June 10, 2023, 04:07:06 PM
Quote from: Josquius on June 10, 2023, 02:41:39 PMWhy does the Humvee itself leave after a while? Seemed to be a vital part with the machine gun.

Perhaps there was concern that static vehicles were too tempting a target for artillery.

Seems pretty close to their own guys to be using artillery.  Oh....

Josquius

Can't but notice the last bit of the second bullet here

██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Russian MOD demands wagner and Co sign official military contracts....Wagner refuses. Civil war go!
██████
██████
██████

Hamilcar

Legbiter

Ukrainians are starting to post the first flag raising ceremonies for places they've recaptured on social media. Vatniks are increasingly coping and reposting the same pile of bradleys as in the last 8 days.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Tamas

Seems like there was a strike against the main railway artery between Russia and Crimea, it just seems unclear whether it was a bridge.

I don't want to get my hopes up but with the liberation pics and the Russian "everything is quiet" videos Legbiter shared being posted, I think a(t least one) breakthrough is happening.

I can kind of see how the Russians would fight fiercely on their fortified line of defence - I can imagine that can feel like the best bet to stay alive, but I am hoping once they think the Ukrainians are behind them, running as far as they can becomes their best perceived personal option.

Josquius

Thinking about future defence policy. Could it be an idea for NATO to build up a "army in a box" -lots of spare equipment, train unaligned friendly nations in its use, if they should be invaded send it their way to defend themselves.
██████
██████
██████

Hamilcar

Quote from: Josquius on June 11, 2023, 10:27:53 AMThinking about future defence policy. Could it be an idea for NATO to build up a "army in a box" -lots of spare equipment, train unaligned friendly nations in its use, if they should be invaded send it their way to defend themselves.

Pretty sure NATO's defense policy is that if you touch one square inch of NATO territory, NATO removes you from the club of industrialized nations.

Legbiter

This one is my absolute favorite Z-coper. A reverse Nostradamus, the Taint as applied to the special military operation... :thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/GeromanAT

Tamas

Quote from: Legbiter on June 11, 2023, 11:13:42 AMThis one is my absolute favorite Z-coper. A reverse Nostradamus, the Taint as applied to the special military operation... :thumbsup:

https://twitter.com/GeromanAT

:lol:

That Russian youtuber I follow often refers to this as the recurring theme no matter what bad thing happens: "it's all part of the plan"

Josquius

Quote from: Hamilcar on June 11, 2023, 10:42:47 AM
Quote from: Josquius on June 11, 2023, 10:27:53 AMThinking about future defence policy. Could it be an idea for NATO to build up a "army in a box" -lots of spare equipment, train unaligned friendly nations in its use, if they should be invaded send it their way to defend themselves.

Pretty sure NATO's defense policy is that if you touch one square inch of NATO territory, NATO removes you from the club of industrialized nations.
doesn't help situations like Ukraine.
██████
██████
██████

viper37

The Russian Orthodox Church called pacifism an heresy.

Great Christian teachings there.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

That is pretty pathetic even for them.

So every Orthodox Monk ever was a heretic? Interesting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."