Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: grumbler on June 08, 2023, 02:07:06 PMI was more looking for the video showing damning evidence of a fuck-up.  This looks like a tank got hit by artillery fire, so it cannot possibly be the footage Josq finds damning.

Getting blown up was the fuckup.  :contract:  ^_^

Just imagine the social media coverage of Omaha beach if it had been around then.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Tamas

The most armchair general comment I have ever seen was under this video on twitter saying "what where they thinking? They should have attacked during the night!"

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Legbiter on June 08, 2023, 02:22:02 PMGetting blown up was the fuckup.  :contract:  ^_^

Just imagine the social media coverage of Omaha beach if it had been around then.

NEED MOR BATTERSHIPS
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Hamilcar

Silly Ukrainians, should have used Incan torpedo boats.  :rolleyes:

Jacob

I've seen photoshops of destroyed Leopards, but so far only that. Doesn't mean the Leopards won't be destroyed (or haven't been), of course, but I've only come across psyops so far.

Barrister

Quote from: Hamilcar on June 08, 2023, 03:50:10 PMSilly Ukrainians, should have used Incan torpedo boats.  :rolleyes:

Well we are a bunch of dumb bohunks after all.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Jacob on June 08, 2023, 04:54:18 PMI've seen photoshops of destroyed Leopards, but so far only that. Doesn't mean the Leopards won't be destroyed (or haven't been), of course, but I've only come across psyops so far.

The video posted further up I've seen Ukrainian sources say is real.
Analysis I've seen says its not  an attack and rather movements behind the line, which makes it a little less bad. But still breaks best practice with all the tanks going in a bunched up little line.
██████
██████
██████

Hamilcar

The news blackout of the Ukrainians is making me nervous. I wish them godspeed.

grumbler

Quote from: Josquius on June 09, 2023, 04:20:48 AMThe video posted further up I've seen Ukrainian sources say is real.
Analysis I've seen says its not  an attack and rather movements behind the line, which makes it a little less bad. But still breaks best practice with all the tanks going in a bunched up little line.

Units travel in road column.  The reason I'll leave you to figure out, but will give a hint: "road."

I'm still waiting for you to explain how this was a "fuck-up" and "pretty damning and requires explanation."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Quote from: grumbler on June 09, 2023, 06:04:58 AM
Quote from: Josquius on June 09, 2023, 04:20:48 AMThe video posted further up I've seen Ukrainian sources say is real.

Units travel in road column.  The reason I'll leave you to figure out, but will give a hint: "road."

I'm still waiting for you to explain how this was a "fuck-up" and "pretty damning and requires explanation."

:lmfao:
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Josquius on June 09, 2023, 07:05:39 AM
Quote from: grumbler on June 09, 2023, 06:04:58 AM

:lmfao:

:lmfao:   I take your post to be a concession that you were talking out of your ass and cannot respond intellectually to my statement.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

Yeah, I know you're smarter than that and wouldn't really delude yourself in such a way. Its a  "I've got better things to do than play the Grumbler game".
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

If slow news continue on the war, by Monday I think I will have seen the one destroyed Leopard from 17 different angles and in 5 different states of being burnt out, as Russians continue to claim each new shot as a new kill.

PJL

Also remember there were mulitiple examples of Russian amoured vehicles and tanks shown being destroyed at the stat of the war by the Ukrainians. If the best the Russians can do is just this example, then the Ukranians can't be doing too badly.

Tamas

Yeah if there are probing attacks going on, or as the Russians are claiming, they have successfully stopped at least 3 major Ukrainian offensives in so many days, a single ambushed convoy with a single tank and a bunch of APCs ain't bad at all.