Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

A few funny comments under that Tweet, my favourite is "Maybe that actor doesn't know Shoigu."  :D

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on June 13, 2023, 08:23:51 AMA Kremlinology moment to support that the Wagner leader guy is still a rabid dog in Putin's employ: Putin making very sure he is keeping distance from Shoigu: https://twitter.com/i/status/1668340149116350464
:hmm: That's one interpretation of the video.  Another interpretation is that Putin is showing his total trust in Shoigu.  This is a guy who puts people on the long table far enough to be out of pistol range, and yet here he is showing that he has full confidence in keeping his back quarter-turned on Shoigu.

Hamilcar

Quote from: DGuller on June 13, 2023, 08:56:16 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 13, 2023, 08:23:51 AMA Kremlinology moment to support that the Wagner leader guy is still a rabid dog in Putin's employ: Putin making very sure he is keeping distance from Shoigu: https://twitter.com/i/status/1668340149116350464
:hmm: That's one interpretation of the video.  Another interpretation is that Putin is showing his total trust in Shoigu.  This is a guy who puts people on the long table far enough to be out of pistol range, and yet here he is showing that he has full confidence in keeping his back quarter-turned on Shoigu.

Are we talking about people here, or cats?

PDH

Quote from: Hamilcar on June 13, 2023, 09:08:51 AMAre we talking about people here, or cats?

Neither, Russians.  So molluscs...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Solmyr

Quote from: DGuller on June 13, 2023, 08:56:16 AM

Those facial expressions don't exactly radiate friendship.

DGuller

They're Russian, by their cultural standards those are foreplay faces.

Legbiter

There's Ukrainian footage of the Leopard that got disabled along with that pile of bradleys being towed away by a recovery vehicle for repairs. Seems that column the russki disabled didn't affect the offensive in that area.  :hmm:

Americans also seem to be rushing in replacements so the Ukrainians can keep the momentum going. Also, lots of gnarly dead vatnik footage on social media right now.

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1668651860377337859
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Jacob

Pistorius also recently made a statement about providing more tanks and other equipment to Ukraine to replace losses.

DGuller

No need to celebrate gnarly dead vatnik footage.  Which places on the Internet should I avoid so that I don't run into it?

Josquius

Russia parading captured Leopards and Bradley's I've heard.
Seems things really aren't going well in the west whilst they're going well in donetsk.
That's what Ukraine wanted to figure out before the full attack I guess. Though surely now Russia knows this they'll be moving troops and... Agh 5d chess.

Torrential rain in these days in southern Ukraine it seems has really messed up tank ops.... And the flood recovery
██████
██████
██████

Legbiter

Quote from: DGuller on June 13, 2023, 04:15:42 PMWhich places on the Internet should I avoid so that I don't run into it?

Never click on a link from this account. Very very disrespectful!

https://twitter.com/parrot_soldier

Josquius

One thing that has surprised me about this war is quite how effective fixed fortifications are proving.
I thought modern artilery and missiles had pretty much wrecked their effectiveness?
Yet still we are getting both sides storming fixed positions.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Josquius on June 14, 2023, 01:35:54 AMOne thing that has surprised me about this war is quite how effective fixed fortifications are proving.
I thought modern artilery and missiles had pretty much wrecked their effectiveness?
Yet still we are getting both sides storming fixed positions.
It's important to keep in mind that air has been largely out of equation in Ukraine.  Ukraine doesn't have many air assets to speak of, while Russia can't suppress Ukraine's air defenses.  I imagine that with one side controlling the air, the trenches and bunkers become a whole lot less effective.

Legbiter

Kadyrov is asking Ukrainian intelligence for the whereabouts of one of his top lieutenants on social media. Seems there was a big boom involving him and 200 Chechens behind the lines. :hmm:

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.