News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Saw that.
We were just talking about prigozhens loyalty...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/05/14/prigozhin-wagner-ukraine-leaked-documents/
QuoteWagner chief offered to give Russian troop locations to Ukraine, leak says
THE DISCORD LEAKS | Yevgeniy Prigozhin said he would tell Ukraine's military where to attack Russian troops if they pulled their own forces back from the beleaguered city of Bakhmut, where Wagner mercenaries were taking heavy losses
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Josquius on May 15, 2023, 02:13:57 AMSaw that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/05/14/prigozhin-wagner-ukraine-leaked-documents/
THE DISCORD LEAKS | Yevgeniy Prigozhin said he would tell Ukraine's military where to attack Russian troops if they pulled their own forces back from the beleaguered city of Bakhmut, where Wagner mercenaries were taking heavy losses

If true...Wow!

I wonder if some of his enemies are leaking fake info to see if Putin or someone else takes the bait and has him wacked.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Hamilcar

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 15, 2023, 07:26:42 AM
Quote from: Josquius on May 15, 2023, 02:13:57 AMSaw that.

If true...Wow!

I wonder if some of his enemies are leaking fake info to see if Putin or someone else takes the bait and has him wacked.

Or Budanov + CIA are messing with the Russians...

Sheilbh

Obvs Ukraine is great at propaganda but this is striking:
https://twitter.com/DefenceU/status/1658127883045306368?s=20

Edit: Not least because part of the message simply seems to be we've got a well-stocked functioning military that looks and acts drilled.
Let's bomb Russia!

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on May 14, 2023, 10:47:27 AMYeah that was their play in Ukraine too, wasn't it? Assuming that the power structures would just come over to Russia once the troops rolled in.

If it wasn't so tragic in terms of human lives and misery it would be funny if Putin tried the same thing in Belarus and got the same result.

It's hard to get a read on the situation in Belarus.

On the one hand Lukashenko has run a very repressive one-man state for decades, very much in the old Soviet model, but has get Belarus's independence from Russia very carefully.  The people of Belarus haven't shown quite the same spirit as the Ukrainians in both the Orange revolution and the Euromaidan a decade later, although they did have large scale protests after the 2020 election.

If the Russians attempted to decapitate Belarus and install a new government they could probably pull it off, but there's certainly a risk the military and Belarus KGB fight back.  Even if successful there's the risk of a substantial insurgency campaign assisted by Poland and Ukraine.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Hamilcar on May 15, 2023, 01:30:22 AMThe psyops are getting spicy. Now there are reports that Prigozhin offered to give Ukraine the locations of Russian troops.

Spicy indeed  :!:

Jacob

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 15, 2023, 11:34:44 AMObvs Ukraine is great at propaganda but this is striking:
https://twitter.com/DefenceU/status/1658127883045306368?s=20

Edit: Not least because part of the message simply seems to be we've got a well-stocked functioning military that looks and acts drilled.

I try not to let myself get too optimistic, but I can't help but have hopes for this spring.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Zelenskiy returning from meetings with more support from Italy, Germany, France and the UK - and reporters are saying that tonight's seen intense attack on Kyiv with the loudest/most active air defence in a long time.
Let's bomb Russia!

Hamilcar

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 15, 2023, 07:42:10 PMZelenskiy returning from meetings with more support from Italy, Germany, France and the UK - and reporters are saying that tonight's seen intense attack on Kyiv with the loudest/most active air defence in a long time.

Word is that Russia is trying to eliminate the Patriot batteries with Kinzhals. The US military must be giddy at all the data!

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Legbiter

Nice of the Russians to give the American Patriot system massive free advertising over Kænugarður last night. :showoff:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

DGuller

Ukrainians claim to have shot down six hypersonic Kynzhal missiles.  I presume all the missiles were aimed at the Patriot system.  Russians claim to have destroyed the Patriot system.

Legbiter

Quote from: DGuller on May 16, 2023, 08:11:33 AMUkrainians claim to have shot down six hypersonic Kynzhal missiles.  I presume all the missiles were aimed at the Patriot system.  Russians claim to have destroyed the Patriot system.

The companies who make it will have to open a second factory after last night.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.