News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: Legbiter on May 22, 2023, 07:31:57 AMMajor ongoing incursion by Russian separatists into the People's Republic of Belgorod. Tanks, heavy artillery, the works.

Do you have any links/ details?

DGuller

Not sure what to think of that.  I hope there is some clever plan behind it, but it feels like some kind of meme attack.  Russian brains are soaked in propaganda, no way is any kind of insurrection going to come of this, even the fake Donbas kind of insurrection.  Maybe Ukraine is trying to draw away the Russian troops towards protecting their own border?

Legbiter

Quote from: DGuller on May 22, 2023, 10:55:37 AMMaybe Ukraine is trying to draw away the Russian troops towards protecting their own border?

Yeah. Raid into the Russian interior to probe and force them to shift forces around.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Quote from: Jacob on May 22, 2023, 10:51:09 AM
Quote from: Legbiter on May 22, 2023, 07:31:57 AMMajor ongoing incursion by Russian separatists into the People's Republic of Belgorod. Tanks, heavy artillery, the works.

Do you have any links/ details?

Strelkov is calm...

Basically the vatniks are shitting themselves.

Josquius

They do seem to be really freaking out. Had no idea the anti Putin Russians in Ukraine were so numerous.

One interesting bit I read is apparently Russia have a nuclear base not far away...

██████
██████
██████

Hamilcar

Quote from: Josquius on May 22, 2023, 11:27:59 AMThey do seem to be really freaking out. Had no idea the anti Putin Russians in Ukraine were so numerous.

This is 100% a HUR operation.

This is going viral on Twitter: " Why can't Russia just give up Belgorod, Kursk, and Bryansk, for peace?"

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Hamilcar on May 22, 2023, 01:14:20 PM
Quote from: Josquius on May 22, 2023, 11:27:59 AMThey do seem to be really freaking out. Had no idea the anti Putin Russians in Ukraine were so numerous.

This is 100% a HUR operation.

This is going viral on Twitter: " Why can't Russia just give up Belgorod, Kursk, and Bryansk, for peace?"

nerdy as f, but I seem to be associating the HUR tag with the Hurrians, and they've been out of play for millennia

still, not sure how this isn't going to go anyway but sideways though

Hamilcar

Zoupa

HMMVs were the 1st vehicles to cross into russia lol.

USA! USA! USA!  :frog:  :frog:

Hamilcar

Now reports of fighting at another border area, towards Kursk.

Zoupa

From Kyiv in 3 days to Humvees in Belgorod.

If only we knew the moskals were such a joke during the cold war...

Josquius

Quote from: Zoupa on May 22, 2023, 04:15:00 PMFrom Kyiv in 3 days to Humvees in Belgorod.

If only we knew the moskals were such a joke during the cold war...

Were they though?
I'd be really curious to see an analysis of whether this is a recent thing or lang standing.
Though I suppose it's one where we will never know for sure.

Plus of course the issue was never the Soviet army and more the big red button.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Logically I'm thinking that it's good that Russia's territory is now clearly not considered off-limits, as otherwise that would hand a huge advantage to Russia to have a safe and untouchable rear at all times.  Emotionally I'm hoping this is a thoroughly thought out action, and not some stupid meme that will backfire.

Tamas

I am kind of annoyed by the very opposition Hungarian news site I am reading repeatedly calling the incursion unit a "Ukrainian military unit". I mean sure, that's what it is practically speaking in terms of who equipped and authorised/ordered them to go, but the fact that they are made of Russians is not insignificant.

Legbiter

Quote from: Hamilcar on May 22, 2023, 03:11:24 PMNow reports of fighting at another border area, towards Kursk.

The Belgoravian Republic men seem to have established a firm foothold on the other side of the border and are gleefully goading the vatniks into assembling a force to evict them.  ^_^