Started by Tamas, June 11, 2009, 04:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Tamas

Quote from: ulmont on June 12, 2009, 08:35:29 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 12, 2009, 02:57:41 AM
People should read these rules:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/24545

And then these are the tables we should use, I guess (same author)? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/24546

Yeah.

And Del, the prevailing opinion I encountered is that the game is more suited for PBEM than F2F, something I can easily believe, seeing how it still has a PBEM community. Perhaps the naysayers were F2Fing it.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Tamas

NEWSFLASH: I have found a 5MBs large CB box for this game! It lacks a scenario file, and I can't open it at work, but will report back. If we do start this game, it should not be hard to make a scenario file.

Tamas

Well the gamebox is not that ugly, but ain't that special either. I say we go with the small fugly one.

So where is Berkut, and where can we start? Del, you wanna' play :P

Habbaku

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1513

I'd rather play that when the new edition comes out.   ;)
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

I simply love Republic of Rome, but I find it to be very tedious in PBEM.

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on June 12, 2009, 01:12:55 PM
I simply love Republic of Rome, but I find it to be very tedious in PBEM.

I had a fun time playing RoR online...oh wait that never happened because someone dropped out but never said anything...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Me? No way.

Okay so is this game dead before it even started?

garbon

Quote from: Tamas on June 12, 2009, 03:03:12 PM
Me? No way.

No it wasn't you, but I left out the culprit so as to protect the guilty and to make you look bad. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on June 11, 2009, 11:07:19 PM
Okay, so I'm more of a Traveller nerd than a grognard, but still! :angry:
FFW had one of the worst reps for single-player games going, because of the mechanics.  I found that, with a few rules changes, and a set of die roll lookup tables, it was outstanding as a solo game, and it was always outstanding as a FTF game.

Few understood it, though, and so it ended up in a lot of trash heaps.

I wish someone would resurrect the entire series.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

GRUMBLER ARE YOU STILL GAME?

Damn you guys don't let me put down the whip even for a moment.

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on June 12, 2009, 03:03:12 PM
Me? No way.

I am still In Like Flynn.

Of course, I was nuts enough to do TaT, so that's a given.

I am giving serious thought to TaT4 if this doesn't work out.  The summer looks boring right now, and we have FB as the perfect Serbia, and a delightful mix of people for the various parties in the majors.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Tamas on June 12, 2009, 03:23:56 PM
GRUMBLER ARE YOU STILL GAME?

Damn you guys don't let me put down the whip even for a moment.
Whow!  I just got home from my high school's graduation,and you are yelling at me?  :lol:

As I said, I am game.

Bayraktar!