News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

[board] Pax Brittanica

Started by Tamas, June 11, 2009, 04:21:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I dont want to pay a fortune for this oldie but I wanna PBEM it. Anyone here has it, with a CB  module for it and knowledge of the game and willing to organize a game? It would be awesome

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Tamas

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 11, 2009, 05:48:09 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 11, 2009, 04:21:38 AM
I dont want to pay a fortune for this oldie

You will.

I meant that I will not buy it. Period. I own games I have chance to play f2f when I retire. Like Bitter End. PB is not one of those games.

But it just screams for RPGish Languish play. It could be a classic.

Ed Anger

Oooo! I had Pax back in the day. Freaking weird triangle pieces.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Delirium

Never even seen it but would probably play.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

I own it--actually bought it for something like $20, in shrink, from a store that had various, old games marked down.

The game is a bit imbalanced in Britain's favor, from what I hear, and there's a decent amount of bookkeeping to be done...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas

Quote from: Habbaku on June 11, 2009, 10:20:01 AM

The game is a bit imbalanced in Britain's favor, from what I hear, and there's a decent amount of bookkeeping to be done...

I am happy you volunteer for the task!  ^_^

:P

frunk

Much like Napoleonic Wars and France there has to be pressure on Britain or else they run away with it.  Only played once though.

Tamas

Okay so BGG appears to have everything needed, we would still need to read the rules and stuff of course. My biggest problem right now is that the cyberboard is just freakishly fucking fugly. A better version should be found, but in the meantime, can we muster seven players?

I

Viking

II, but I need to read the rules.

*needless to say if Jaron or FB play, I won't.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

ulmont

Quote from: Viking on June 11, 2009, 11:55:55 AM
II, but I need to read the rules.

III, but I need to read the rules.

ulmont

Speaking of which, anyone got a link to the preferred rules version?

Tamas

BGG has it. But I am still having doubts a bunch of noobs like us could handle the game with the CB module. Don't tell me none of the grognards here have a proper module!  :mad:

And what about grumbler he ran the Twilight Struggle PBEM games he should have this game nailed.