BREAKING NEWS - Malaysian airliner crashes on Russian-Ukrainian border

Started by Tamas, July 17, 2014, 10:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 17, 2014, 11:17:51 PM
I'm sure our Dear Leader will eventually get around to doing something once he runs out of fund raisers to attend, late night celebrity parties at the White House, and holes at the golf course.  Eventually he will remember he has a day job, right?

What the FUCK has Obama got to do with any of this? I understand he is not only a Democrat, but to add insult to injury for you people, black as well, but really years after years of blaming everything but the colour of the sky on him by the Republicans is getting really old even for me.

Duque de Bragança

This seems more and more like the Soviet Union under Andropov, what with shooting down planes taking an unwise shortcut.
No evidence yet, but if the black boxes go to Moscow for analysis, we'll have to wait for a long time to get the truth.
Le monde.fr has still the photo removed by the separatists from Twitter.

It's too early too tell, but this keeps going from bad to worse...

NB: As in 1983, even if it were a shortcut, it is absolutely no excuse to shoot it down.

Warspite

I'm sure our Dear Leader will eventually get around to doing something once he runs out of fund raisers to attend, late night celebrity parties at the White House, and holes at the golf course.  Eventually he will remember he has a day job, right?

Out of interest, what should he be doing at this stage of the crisis? Strapping on a parachute and dropping into the Don Basin with a commando knife between his teeth?
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

grumbler

Quote from: Warspite on July 18, 2014, 05:40:14 AM

Out of interest, what should he be doing at this stage of the crisis? Strapping on a parachute and dropping into the Don Basin with a commando knife between his teeth?
If The Shrubbery were still in the White House, we'd have bombed Iraq within 24 hours of the airliner shoot-down..
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Maladict

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on July 18, 2014, 05:28:51 AM
No evidence yet, but if the black boxes go to Moscow for analysis, we'll have to wait for a long time to get the truth.

Is anything useful expected to be in the black boxes?

Zanza

Wouldn't the black box just show that there was no technical issue before the aircraft was hit by a missle?

Maladict

An Australian family has tragically been hit by both Malaysia Airlines tragedies, having now lost four members through flight MH370's disappearance and flight MH17 being shot down over Ukraine.

Irene and George Burrows, from Bileola, Queensland, were still mourning their son Rodney and his wife Mary after their plane vanished without a trace over the southern Indian Ocean in March, and will now have to grieve for their step-granddaughter Maree Rizk and her husband Albert who were aboard MH17.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Tamas on July 18, 2014, 03:39:49 AM

What the FUCK has Obama got to do with any of this? I understand he is not only a Democrat, but to add insult to injury for you people, black as well, but really years after years of blaming everything but the colour of the sky on him by the Republicans is getting really old even for me.

Apparently nothing. Just as when anything else happens in the world.  He has nothing to do and nothing to say.

Then again, given his abysmal track records, it is probably for the best that he has given up on the job.

Viking

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 18, 2014, 06:54:09 AM

Apparently nothing. Just as when anything else happens in the world.  He has nothing to do and nothing to say.

Then again, given his abysmal track records, it is probably for the best that he has given up on the job.

Even giving your assumption that he has had an abysmal track record. Nothing Suggests that McCain, Romney, Gingerich, Cain, Santorum or Bachman would have been anything other than total disasters in comparison.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Hansmeister

Quote from: Viking on July 18, 2014, 06:58:04 AM

Even giving your assumption that he has had an abysmal track record. Nothing Suggests that McCain, Romney, Gingerich, Cain, Santorum or Bachman would have been anything other than total disasters in comparison.

As and this is the best that can be said about him "hey, it could be worse.  Maybe."

Fireblade

Quote from: Hansmeister on July 18, 2014, 07:03:06 AM
Quote from: Viking on July 18, 2014, 06:58:04 AM

As and this is the best that can be said about him "hey, it could be worse.  Maybe."

I can't wait for your wails and tears when Hillary shitstomps whichever moron the Republicans nominate.

Malicious Intent

Quote from: Zanza on July 18, 2014, 06:02:24 AM
Wouldn't the black box just show that there was no technical issue before the aircraft was hit by a missle?

Just heard that question being asked to an axpert. He explained that the flight recorders store internal and external sounds, so you might hear an explosion. System failures and structural integrity of the plane can also be analyzed. A misslie hit allegedly leaves a rather unique fingerprint there.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on July 18, 2014, 08:26:00 AM
but to add insult to injury for you people, black as well,

:rolleyes:

I thought it cute when Holder played the race card recently. I thought, you're right, that's the reason I dislike Obama.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.