News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What is your spider infiltration rate?

Started by Ideologue, July 03, 2014, 08:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Or, more accurately, how often do you see spiders in your house, of an offensive size and manner?

Because I have seen four in the past week, three skulking about the upper corners of my habitation box, one in a chair that dodged my attempts to kill it, and it pleases me not at all. <_<
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

FIVE, one evidently with a great sense of timing.  What is this, a thrillomedy starring Jeff Daniels?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

To what do you attribute your good fortune?  Lack of vigilance or your inhospitable Iowan clime?

Seriously, this is fucked up. :(
Kinemalogue

Neil

None, ever.  Altitude and cold have defeated the arachnid menace.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

I've seen a distinct lack of daddy long legs this year and an increase in the beefy bite the fuck out of you spiders.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Yeah Ide, the fact that you live in the tropics probably has a lot to do with it.

Monoriu

None.  I almost never see spiders in my home in HK.  I know what you are talking about though, because we saw tons of spiders when we lived in Vancouver. 

I see lots of cockroaches though.  By contrast, we never had any cockroaches in Vancouver.  Somehow cockroaches and spiders seem incompatible. 

Valmy

Quote from: Ideologue on July 03, 2014, 08:51:00 PM
Or, more accurately, how often do you see spiders in your house, of an offensive size and manner?

Fairly often.  Maybe...once or twice a month.  I smash them all forthwith.  But I live in a warm place with my backyard to a greenbelt.  We have bugs and animals and shit in our house all the time.  Nothing to do but rack up giant body counts.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on July 03, 2014, 09:02:02 PM
Somehow cockroaches and spiders seem incompatible. 

They both get along great in my house.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

I don't remember the last time I saw a spider. I do get flying insects from time to time.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

In Manhattan? Almost never. Quite freaky.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Never seen one in the 6 years I've lived here.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 03, 2014, 09:00:58 PM
Yeah Ide, the fact that you live in the tropics probably has a lot to do with it.

It is pretty warm.  Over 100 the past couple days I think; definitely was yesterday.  Absolutely miserable and gonna get worse.
Kinemalogue

Viking

Never. That is one of the great things about living in scandinavia. No large exoctic insects.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.