The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KRonn

Quote from: Jacob on March 06, 2015, 10:52:45 AM
It's possible to find both brutal murder and wanton destruction of ancient artifacts to be terrible.

Agreed. The loss of these priceless artifacts is just the latest new insanity by these barbarians.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on March 06, 2015, 11:29:20 AM
It's possible to find both brutal murder and wanton destruction of ancient artifacts to be terrible.

Sure, if your priorities are fucked up.

Of course, seems an odd stance for you. Humans are going to die at some point and in that part of the world, sooner rather than later. Those ancient objects don't really have the same limited life expectancy...until now.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

If destroying the entire intellectual and cultural heritage of the human race enabled one person to live one more day, only a monster would refuse.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2015, 11:41:54 AM

Of course, seems an odd stance for you. Humans are going to die at some point and in that part of the world, sooner rather than later. Those ancient objects don't really have the same limited life expectancy...until now.

Odd for me????!??!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 06, 2015, 12:45:21 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2015, 11:54:35 AM
:hmm:

What do you value a bunch of old things over human life?

Over one day of an average human life? I don't know why that wouldn't be self explanatory.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on March 06, 2015, 12:18:36 PM

Odd for me????!??!

Yes, your monument after all.

The Brain

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2015, 01:33:58 PM
Quote from: The Brain on March 06, 2015, 12:18:36 PM

Odd for me????!??!

Yes, your monument after all.

I'm not gonna build it in the ME, silly.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 06, 2015, 01:33:27 PM
Over one day of an average human life? I don't know why that wouldn't be self explanatory.

Your priorities are messed up and so forth

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 06, 2015, 01:35:55 PM

Nah :)

Rex Francorum

I wish I would not have to make that choice but, in the end, if we scrap all our cultural and intellectual patrimony and what remains of the humanity is the fact we breathe, eat, shit and breed, what's the point to the existence?
To rent

grumbler

Only by modern society's standards.  There are plenty of historical societies that also weighed property more highly than human life.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: Rex Francorum on March 06, 2015, 01:44:03 PM

I wish I would not have to make that choice but, in the end, if we scrap all our cultural and intellectual patrimony and what remains of the humanity is the fact we breathe, eat, shit and breed, what's the point to the existence?

:console:

Razgovory

There are plenty people now who value property more then human life.

"I don't care if the new system will save lives, I'm Taxed Enough Already!"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017