The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant Megathread

Started by Tamas, June 10, 2014, 07:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Rex Francorum on March 06, 2015, 01:44:03 PM
I wish I would not have to make that choice but, in the end, if we scrap all our cultural and intellectual patrimony and what remains of the humanity is the fact we breathe, eat, shit and breed, what's the point to the existence?

That's an interesting argument.  It argus, of course, that people like the anecdotal "wolf boy" are not people, since they didn't grow up with your patrimony.

The alternative view is that culture and whatnot add something to the spice of life, but that life is about living, not about comparing ourselves to the past, or being entertained or inspired by the stories of others.

Neither is obviously right.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 06, 2015, 01:45:52 PM
There are plenty people now who value property more then human life.

"I don't care if the new system will save lives, I'm Taxed Enough Already!"

:(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on March 06, 2015, 01:35:13 PM
I'm not gonna build it in the ME, silly.

The ME will come to Sweden. It's already started.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 07, 2015, 12:17:01 AM
Quote from: The Brain on March 06, 2015, 01:35:13 PM
I'm not gonna build it in the ME, silly.

The ME will come to Sweden. It's already started.

Like I said, I'm not gonna build it in the ME. Sweden sucks ass and is selfdestructing.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

:o Does that mean they'll start to do horrible things?

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 08, 2015, 01:20:05 PM
:o Does that mean they'll start to do horrible things?
They just might.

I don't know what it officially means these groups joining with ISIS.  They were pretty bad, they had the same ideology, they were already cooperating.  Maybe they'll get an influx of money & small weapons.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on March 08, 2015, 04:39:13 PM
Err...

Be careful!  If you give Mongers any trouble, he will start fantasizing out loud about outliving you and celebrating your death.  If you are an emo, that might bother you.

Of course, if you aren't emo, you'll LOL.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on March 08, 2015, 04:49:52 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 08, 2015, 04:39:13 PM
Err...

Be careful!  If you give Mongers any trouble, he will start fantasizing out loud about outliving you and celebrating your death.  If you are an emo, that might bother you.

Of course, if you aren't emo, you'll LOL.

Touching that I'm so often in your thoughts, you should mention it next time you see your stalking therapist.

CountDeMoney

But I gave grumbler a clean bill of health ages ago.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 08, 2015, 06:04:06 PM
But I gave grumbler a clean bill of health ages ago.

Some of them do have relapses, you know.  :P