Staind singer stops concert to demand audience members stop ‘molesting’ teen

Started by jimmy olsen, June 03, 2014, 06:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

"Don't dress like a slut and you won't be raped."

"Don't walk alone at night and you won't be harassed."

"Don't body surf at a concert and you won't be groped."

*shrugs*

Or, you know, teach people that there is never a justification for rape, harassment, or groping. That's an option, too.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ideologue

It's just like Twister.  If you choose to play, you've essentially consented to someone sticking a cock in your ass.  The more you know.

Also contact sports.  Cock, ass, and irrevocable consent.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Now, I've never crowd surfed because I'm sure those fuckers would drop me and I'm not a big fan of my skull hitting those hard venue floors.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on June 03, 2014, 01:44:07 PM
It's just like Twister.  If you choose to play, you've essentially consented to someone sticking a cock in your ass.  The more you know.

I don't wanna play your version of football.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on June 03, 2014, 01:43:50 PM

*shrugs*

Or, you know, teach people that there is never a justification for rape, harassment, or groping. That's an option, too.

Those options are not mutually exclusive.

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on June 03, 2014, 01:47:33 PM

:lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on June 03, 2014, 01:34:33 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 03, 2014, 01:28:18 PM
Where do we draw the line? Should girls also not attended crowded concerts as they could be grouped while standing in a crowd?
Let's draw the line at "don't undertake activities which will force strangers to deliberately handle your body."  Seems easy enough. :smarty:

So no crowded concerts, no crowded subways?

BTW, MTA's policy is that a crowded subway is no excuse for groping.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Malthus on June 03, 2014, 01:47:33 PM

:D
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on June 03, 2014, 01:52:09 PM
Where do we draw the line? Should girls also not attended crowded concerts as they could be grouped while standing in a crowd?
Let's draw the line at "don't undertake activities which will force strangers to deliberately handle your body."  Seems easy enough. :smarty:

A brave stance. :P
Kinemalogue

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on June 03, 2014, 01:52:38 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 03, 2014, 01:52:09 PM

A brave stance. :P

It is sad that they have to put placards up to claim that. :(

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 03, 2014, 01:48:53 PM

*shrugs*

Those options are not mutually exclusive.

Except that I often and regularly see the top, and almost never see the bottom. Seems a bit... unbalanced in approach.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ideologue

The first one isn't even true.  The second one is good advice for anybody at any time of the day, but it's mainly applicable to hellholes.
Kinemalogue

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on June 03, 2014, 01:53:10 PM
Except that I often and regularly see the top, and almost never see the bottom. Seems a bit... unbalanced in approach.

Yeah me to.  It seems to go into territory that somehow rapists have no control and it is everybody else's job to accommodate them.  I have no idea why that might be but it is bizarre.  Rape is just one of those things that confound me.

That is not to say one shouldn't show common sense in your actions but, you know, it is weird that the response is often 'well women should not o do this or that' or whatever.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

*shrugs*

:lol:  You went Full Meri. I sort of expected that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on June 03, 2014, 01:37:10 PM

So we are saying it is the child's fault for being illegally molested and not the adults?  That strikes me as where one would go with this.

How do you get that out of it?  Crowd surfing is a very voluntary activity.  Being a child is not.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall