Staind singer stops concert to demand audience members stop ‘molesting’ teen

Started by jimmy olsen, June 03, 2014, 06:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on June 03, 2014, 10:09:58 AM
There is a pretty dramatic difference between accidentally touching somebody and groping them.

And there is a pretty dramatic difference between being smart and indulging in crowd surfing.  I especially loved the fact that Lewis moronically told the crowd, "Now, girls, feel free to crowd-surf safely."  That's like telling them to "feel free to play Russian Roulette safely."

I am not necessarily against crowd surfing, but I am opposed to the pretense that it can be done safely.  It is by its nature somewhat dangerous (both to dignity and physical well-being)..
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

There is a pretty dramatic difference between accidentally touching somebody and groping them.

In the context of crowd surfing?  Would it really be that noticeable?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Noticable enough that the lead singer from Stained apparently saw it from stage. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 03, 2014, 12:09:09 PM

In the context of crowd surfing?  Would it really be that noticeable?

I crowd surfed back when I was younger and lighter and people grabbing and squeezing my junk was pretty noticeable compared to just grazing it :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Caliga

Stern was talking about this this morning and claimed people were 'fingering' her... not sure how he got that information.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

That's that Blonde Rapper from Australia's fault. Lizzy, Izzy.

Girls shouldn't crowd surf.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

Quote from: mongers on June 03, 2014, 08:27:33 AM
It must be quite difficult to not accidentally touch a young woman inappropriately in such a melee.

I think it would be best to ban underage, if not all women from the activity, if there's the risk of anonymous intentional sexual molestation or just accidental touching they're not happy with.

:huh:

Crowd surfing happens usually face up. If someone is groping, it's intentional.

And yes, rather than telling the men to stop acting like assholes, instead let's just tell women they can't do it.  :rolleyes:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on June 03, 2014, 01:08:53 PM

Even groping the butt?  That seems almost unavoidable. 

QuoteAnd yes, rather than telling the men to stop acting like assholes, instead let's just tell women they can't do it.  :rolleyes:

Maybe you can do both?  Tell the guys to stop copping a feel, and tell the girls the most effective way to avoid being groped while crowd-surfing is not to crowd surf. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 03, 2014, 12:23:52 PM
That's that Blonde Rapper from Australia's fault. Lizzy, Izzy.

Girls shouldn't crowd surf.

Iggy Azalea?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on June 03, 2014, 01:17:09 PM
Quote from: merithyn on June 03, 2014, 01:08:53 PM

Even groping the butt?  That seems almost unavoidable. 

QuoteAnd yes, rather than telling the men to stop acting like assholes, instead let's just tell women they can't do it.  :rolleyes:

Maybe you can do both?  Tell the guys to stop copping a feel, and tell the girls the most effective way to avoid being groped while crowd-surfing is not to crowd surf. 

Where do we draw the line? Should girls also not attended crowded concerts as they could be grouped while standing in a crowd?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on June 03, 2014, 01:28:18 PM
Where do we draw the line? Should girls also not attended crowded concerts as they could be grouped while standing in a crowd?
Let's draw the line at "don't undertake activities which will force strangers to deliberately handle your body."  Seems easy enough. :smarty:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 03, 2014, 01:17:09 PM

That is different than saying they shouldn't crowd surf.  Just, you know, crowd surfing with all those drunk and stoned people that generally are at concerts with crowd surfing carries with it certain risks.

However once you go down that road then suddenly the criminal is not responsible but the victim for some stupid reason.  I prefer to keep the responsibility on the people who do the dirty deed no matter how much the victims put themselves in a position to be preyed upon.  Besides going to a concert and not being able to crowd surf for fear you are going to be groped is sort of fucked up when you think about it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on June 03, 2014, 01:34:33 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 03, 2014, 01:28:18 PM
Let's draw the line at "don't undertake activities which will force strangers to deliberately handle your body."  Seems easy enough. :smarty:

So we are saying it is the child's fault for being illegally molested and not the adults?  That strikes me as where one would go with this.