Staind singer stops concert to demand audience members stop ‘molesting’ teen

Started by jimmy olsen, June 03, 2014, 06:58:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 06, 2014, 04:00:37 PM
Quote from: PRC on June 06, 2014, 03:53:15 PM
According to this RadFem blog... all PIV sex is rape: http://witchwind.wordpress.com/2013/12/15/piv-is-always-rape-ok/

Bleh.  I've been hearing that line since my freshman political science class in 1991.

Yeah this is pretty old school stuff.  I admit I had not heard it in a long time.

Feminism is the radical notion that women are human beings....and that a penis going into a vagina is always rape....depending on who you talk to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on June 06, 2014, 03:29:15 PM
From Valmy's post I'm guessing it was chiding men for not being chivalrous enough when women are being harassed or something.  I don't see that happening much these days wherever I am, but I guess I'm in my bubble. 

He's saying men have an obligation to make women who are out in public feel unthreatened.

Sounds to me like a carefully considered attempt to fit a rationale to the premise that all men are guilty of being men.

And, simultaneously, tryiing to nail a lot of feminist tail.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 06, 2014, 04:12:42 PM

Ah the old White Knight thingy.  Well he is going to be disappointed, all PIV sex is rape.

QuoteHe's saying men have an obligation to make women who are out in public feel unthreatened.

Sounds to me like a carefully considered attempt to fit a rationale to the premise that all men are guilty of being men.

I didn't really get that.  Just that here are some things you should do socially to help with sexual violence and shit in our society.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ideologue

Actually, on reflection, I can see the intellectual framework.  Her word choice and focus on fucking and specifically internal cumshots indicates a certain perversity, but we all have our kinks, but there's sort of a defensible idea, if you assume the can opener--that is the threat or perception of the threat of force is inherent in any male-female sexual coupling.

Of course, if you assume that, any male-female relationship is appeasement (and probably prostitution), all male-male relationships must also be based on force, and perhaps all female-female relationships likewise.  It's a pretty nihilistic wordview.  It's also easily disproved by most relationships except employer-employee relationships, which are transactional and leveraged, and not dissimilar to rape when you think about it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on June 06, 2014, 04:09:55 PM
Why would you tense up?  I love the blacks.

I actually tense up a bit whenever I pass anyone on the street, black, white, male, female.  I'm very mildly agoraphobic.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

He's saying men have an obligation to make women who are out in public feel unthreatened.

Sounds like a neo-Patriarchal notion. 

QuoteSounds to me like a carefully considered attempt to fit a rationale to the premise that all men are guilty of being men.

Yeah, I get the feeling most guys who try that route end up getting friendzoned. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on June 06, 2014, 04:14:33 PM
Actually, on reflection, I can see the intellectual framework.  Her word choice and focus on fucking and specifically internal cumshots indicates a certain perversity, but we all have our kinks, but there's sort of a defensible idea, if you assume the can opener--that is the threat or perception of the threat of force is inherent in any male-female sexual coupling.

Of course, if you assume that, any male-female relationship is appeasement (and probably prostitution), all male-male relationships must also be based on force, and perhaps all female-female relationships likewise.  It's a pretty nihilistic wordview.

... or, everything is permitted. Do as thou wilt be the whole of the law.

Hell, if all sex is rape, and maybe everything else is too, the only possible conclusion is that rape isn't actually wrong.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on June 06, 2014, 04:16:31 PM

Sounds like a neo-Patriarchal notion. 

QuoteSounds to me like a carefully considered attempt to fit a rationale to the premise that all men are guilty of being men.

Yeah, I get the feeling most guys who try that route end up getting friendzoned.

Anyone who tries to pretend sympathy with another to somehow fool them into sex deserves to be.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on June 06, 2014, 04:13:27 PM
Ah the old White Knight thingy.  Well he is going to be disappointed, all PIV sex is rape.

What about PIM or PIA?

Ideologue

Friend zone is a misogynist term now.  Also I don't think it's a real thing.  I do think women, having the same cognitive abilities as men, are capable of determining whether they would fuck someone within seconds, it's only that most of the time people don't change their minds on that, and having a preexisting relationship (and web of relationships, including other friends) and the potential for disintegrating that web with romance makes the prospect less appealing.  These combine to give the illusion of some kind of fuck ladder and friend ladder.  But anyway I've fucked people I've known for years.  I assume this is the case for many, if not most, people?
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: Jacob on June 06, 2014, 04:19:24 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 06, 2014, 04:13:27 PM

What about PIM or PIA?

That's really the most confusing thing about it.
Kinemalogue

Jacob

Quote from: Malthus on June 06, 2014, 04:18:49 PMAnyone who tries to pretend sympathy with another to somehow fool them into sex deserves to be.

I did not get that from the article. The "white knight trying to get laid" charge seems more of a cheap ad hominem to me, in this case and more generally.

derspiess

Quote from: Ideologue on June 06, 2014, 04:21:31 PM
Friend zone is a misogynist term now.  Also I don't think it's a real thing.  I do think women, having the same cognitive abilities as men, are capable of determining whether they would fuck someone within seconds, it's only that most of the time people don't change their minds on that, and having a preexisting relationship (and web of relationships, including other friends) and the potential for disintegrating that web with romance makes the prospect less appealing.  These combine to give the illusion of some kind of fuck ladder and friend ladder.  But anyway I've fucked people I've known for years.  I assume this is the case for many, if not most, people?

Maybe I don't understand the term, then.  And you totally lost me about 2/3 the way through.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: Ideologue on June 06, 2014, 04:21:31 PM
Friend zone is a misogynist term now. 

I think this is a result of misogynists having used the term prolifically to expound on and justify their world views. Tainted by association, basically.