News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Blaming Bradley is silly.  The man is our focus going up the pitch, moreso with Altidore down as he has to watch for midfield movement too.  He was not good against Ghana, he gave up possession too easily (but then, so did everyone), but his play against Portugal was quite good.

The man can play, and he can play at a high level.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

FunkMonk

It is a bit of a two way street though. When he plays well, the whole team plays well and we overachieve. But when he plays poorly, god help everyone.

Basically what I'm saying is I wish we had another Michael Bradley. (as a backup for, uh, Michael Bradley)
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

PDH

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 24, 2014, 09:06:39 AM
It is a bit of a two way street though. When he plays well, the whole team plays well and we overachieve. But when he plays poorly, god help everyone.

Basically what I'm saying is I wish we had another Michael Bradley. (as a backup for, uh, Michael Bradley)

We only get one.  At least he is playing better overall in the warmups, etc. as midfielder who pushes up. 
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Liep

Someone should try and actually foul Balotelli, he might just completely dismantle.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Quote from: PDH on June 24, 2014, 07:46:54 AM

Bradley should be playing in a top league in Europe still, to be honest.

All about money in the end. TFC offered him more than he was offered in Europe.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

So which is the better game to watch this afternoon?
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Josephus on June 24, 2014, 11:58:08 AM
So which is the better game to watch this afternoon?

Italy-Uruguay should have been more interesting.

Liep

Did Suarez just bite Chiellini?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Maladict

Suarez biting someone again??   :lol:

Grey Fox

This is the best world cup ever.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

I havent seen the England game, but now looking at Hodgson saying they just showed what a good team they can be... By 0-0ing against Costa Rica.... O RLY?

FunkMonk

Unsurprisingly, Italy played for the draw, and unsurprisingly, the game was real boring until Uruguay scored.

And then Suarez bit someone again.  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Costa Rica and Uruguay are New World winners, Italy and England Old World losers. New World dominance forever.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tamas

And now the ITV people are talking about positives and midfield and defend showing good signs.

Like what? 1 point, last place in the group. WTF are they talking about?

Maladict

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 24, 2014, 01:06:00 PM
Costa Rica and Uruguay are New World winners, Italy and England Old World losers. New World dominance forever.

I'm sure Uruguay will go far without Suarez  :D

Agelastus

Quote from: Tamas on June 24, 2014, 01:07:21 PM
And now the ITV people are talking about positives and midfield and defend showing good signs.

Like what? 1 point, last place in the group. WTF are they talking about?

The strange thing is that this year's England team played a hell of a lot better than the team that actually progressed farther at the last World Cup.

When you add this to the prevailing opinion before the Finals that there was a better than even chance that we wouldn't progress out of the Group you end up with people talking about positives rather than calling for heads to roll.

Costa Rica topping the Group though was a bit of a shock considering pre-World Cup "wisdom".
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."