And we're back!

Main Menu

2014 World Cup

Started by Maladict, June 03, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maladict

Mexico getting screwed again.

Valmy

Mexico's success fills me with rage.  The US did this to themselves, they had the ancient enemy vanquished and handed them a rope.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Maladict

Mexico are suddenly on fire

Norgy

I have tried watching both games, but I fail at: multitasking.

Watching the final minutes of the Brazil - Cameroon one and turned up the volume, because you don't get this kind of athmosphere in Norway.

Agelastus

Wow...my Jinx sure was ineffective today.

4 out of 4 picks correct. :showoff:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

I heard the games on the radio, and the commentator said something like: "And Fred has now silenced his critics." But I've just watched a clip of the goal: he was offside, and he couldn't miss if his life depended on it. So.. is the commentator wrong or did Fred do something else in the game?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

he was offside. but his critics can't say he hasn't scored.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Norgy

Quote from: Liep on June 23, 2014, 05:29:27 PM
I heard the games on the radio, and the commentator said something like: "And Fred has now silenced his critics." But I've just watched a clip of the goal: he was offside, and he couldn't miss if his life depended on it. So.. is the commentator wrong or did Fred do something else in the game?

It was an obvious offside.
Fred did little, so did Hulk. The Brazilian strikeforce is like Mathilda IIs against Panthers. They are so incredibly slow, and so stationary they probably have streets named after them on the pitch.

It was Neymar, and Fernando did a good job after coming on. The rest of the Brazilian team should really take a good long look at themselves. Like David Luiz.

sbr

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: sbr on June 23, 2014, 06:30:04 PM

KENT BROCKMAN
(in a commentary booth, bored) Half back passes to the center, back to the wing, back to the center. Center holds it. Holds it. Holds it...

MEXICAN COMMENTATOR
(excitedly) Half back passes to center, back to wing, back to center! Center holds it! Holds it! Holds it!!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

FunkMonk

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 23, 2014, 06:36:51 PM
Quote from: sbr on June 23, 2014, 06:30:04 PM

KENT BROCKMAN
(in a commentary booth, bored) Half back passes to the center, back to the wing, back to the center. Center holds it. Holds it. Holds it...

MEXICAN COMMENTATOR
(excitedly) Half back passes to center, back to wing, back to center! Center holds it! Holds it! Holds it!!

Hopefully this is what happens on Thursday between USA and Germany.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Valmy on June 23, 2014, 04:35:48 PM
Mexico's success fills me with rage.  The US did this to themselves, they had the ancient enemy vanquished and handed them a rope.

It's worth it to see Miguel Herrera's reactions.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Monoriu

What is wrong with the North Americans this time?  Costa Rica, the US (most likely) and now Mexico?  That's 3 out of 4.