Senate GOP seizes control in political coup

Started by Strix, June 08, 2009, 07:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Strix on June 09, 2009, 02:40:01 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2009, 02:39:00 PM
So really, they ought to be paying you $2,000,000/year. You are grossly underpaid.

Not quite but I do wonder sometimes where that extra $1,925,000 goes though.

You could find out by taking a basic course in economics. I bet MCC has one you could enroll in.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jaron

Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2009, 02:28:28 PM
Quote from: Jaron on June 09, 2009, 02:23:48 PM
Expect more and more of these types of strong arm moves by the GOP. They know they've lost their base, they've lost connection with America, and in typical militarist fashion they are going to try to seize power from democratically elected leaders by bending the rules or using terror tactics - not bombs, or bullets, but words.

"Oh no, niggers are in charge! Quick, lets put white people in power before its too late!!!!"

Go back to that chat site, you are much better at that than this.

No sir, I do not wish to troll this board anymore. But I do think the GOP is going off the deep end and it concerns me greatly as an American. I live in a Republican household and some of the things I hear from my own family shock me.

Surely it is the same across the nation.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Strix

Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2009, 02:42:15 PM
So really, they ought to be paying you $2,000,000/year. You are grossly underpaid.

You could find out by taking a basic course in economics. I bet MCC has one you could enroll in.

I think the answers would be more readily available from a political science class dealing with ethics.  :D
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Strix

Quote from: Jaron on June 09, 2009, 02:43:28 PM
No sir, I do not wish to troll this board anymore. But I do think the GOP is going off the deep end and it concerns me greatly as an American. I live in a Republican household and some of the things I hear from my own family shock me.

Than get a job and move out you freeloading Democrat!
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Berkut

Quote from: Strix on June 09, 2009, 02:48:01 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2009, 02:42:15 PM

I think the answers would be more readily available from a political science class dealing with ethics.  :D

No, the reason that people do not get paid based on some fanciful imagination about what they save their employers has little to do with politics or ethics.

The reason people get grossly over-payed when they work for public sector employees unions however....yeah, you are on the right track there...

0 rows returned

Jaron

Quote from: Strix on June 09, 2009, 02:48:50 PM

I can't work right now. I'm on disability.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Berkut

Quote from: Jaron on June 09, 2009, 02:50:43 PM
Quote from: Strix on June 09, 2009, 02:48:50 PM

I can't work right now. I'm on disability.

You would fit right in in New York.

I could support you AND Strix!

0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2009, 02:52:58 PM

Well didn't the system support you? It is only fair and just that you have the opportunity to give back. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Strix

Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2009, 02:49:49 PM
No, the reason that people do not get paid based on some fanciful imagination about what they save their employers has little to do with politics or ethics.

The reason people get grossly over-payed when they work for public sector employees unions however....yeah, you are on the right track there...

:lmfao:

Beat that dead horse some more I think I saw it's tail twitch.

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on June 09, 2009, 02:55:20 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2009, 02:52:58 PM

Well didn't the system support you? It is only fair and just that you have the opportunity to give back. :)

It didn't support me nearly as well as it is supporting Strix though!

And besides, I am rather certain that I have paid much more into that fund than I have taken out.

0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2009, 02:58:47 PM

And besides, I am rather certain that I have paid much more into that fund than I have taken out.

Is it Strix's fault that you weren't better at getting yours? One can scarcely blame Strix for your principles and lack of foresight.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on June 09, 2009, 03:02:21 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2009, 02:58:47 PM

Is it Strix's fault that you weren't better at getting yours? One can scarcely blame Strix for your principles and lack of foresight.

It is true :weep:

You know who is REALLY underpaid in New York?

lawyers.

Just think, for every client a lawyer keeps out of jail, they save the state at least a billion dollars!

They really need to pay PDs a LOT more!

Of course, the reverse of that is those damn DAs - they are a clear expense, what with their incredible cost to the state every time they convict someone. They should have to pay the state to do their job.

0 rows returned

Strix

Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2009, 03:06:00 PM

lawyers.

Just think, for every client a lawyer keeps out of jail, they save the state at least a billion dollars!

Of course, the reverse of that is those damn DAs - they are a clear expense, what with their incredible cost to the state every time they convict someone. They should have to pay the state to do their job.

What are you smoking?

garbon

Point:
Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2009, 03:06:00 PM

lawyers.

Counterpoint:

I think the DAs deserve more money as they keep those criminals off the streets. While it might cost a lot to hold those criminals, just think about how much money it costs to have police officers catching repeat offenders.  With no one going to jail, we'd need a much larger police force for the equivalent of a catch and release program. DAs are your best friend.

PDs on the other hand are horrible. They help scum get away with their crimes, allowing those "criminals" to run rampant. They should pay the state for their jobs.

Strix

Quote from: garbon on June 09, 2009, 03:12:48 PM
PDs on the other hand are horrible. They help scum get away with their crimes, allowing those "criminals" to run rampant. They should pay the state for their jobs.

:yes: