Started by Strix, June 08, 2009, 07:18:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strix

Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2009, 01:41:58 PM
Quote from: Vince on June 09, 2009, 01:40:43 PM
Quote from: Strix on June 09, 2009, 01:30:56 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 09, 2009, 01:26:01 PM
Quote from: Strix on June 09, 2009, 01:23:16 PM
That I haven't been able to buy a surplus nuke and destroy the Democrats voting base aka New York City I take responsibility for. The rest is out of my hands.

Destroy the only part of New York people actually want to live in?

You are the Master of the Obvious. Of course I would want to destroy the only part of NY that Democrats want to live in.

So Republicans like living in run down areas?   :P

Yeah, because the state of New York would be so much better off if only NYC where not a part of it...why, we would be awesome, like Michigan!

We'd be better off with less NYC Democrats sucking the life from the State. We could always rebuild the city.  ;)
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Barrister

Quote from: Strix on June 09, 2009, 01:29:38 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 09, 2009, 01:25:01 PM
Perhaps not, but as a unionized employee, you have conspired the destroy the state.

If NY wasn't a closed shop or if I had started the Union than I might agree with you but since it is and I didn't than I will enjoy the benefits that I have no control over being paid for.

I don't think anyone is personally begrudging you those benefits.  Not on a personal level.

But if someone wanted to overpay me dramatically I'd be happy to take it but I wouldn't be sold bold as to say I've earned it and deserve it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Barrister on June 09, 2009, 02:19:25 PM
Quote from: Strix on June 09, 2009, 01:29:38 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 09, 2009, 01:25:01 PM
Perhaps not, but as a unionized employee, you have conspired the destroy the state.

If NY wasn't a closed shop or if I had started the Union than I might agree with you but since it is and I didn't than I will enjoy the benefits that I have no control over being paid for.

I don't think anyone is personally begrudging you those benefits.  Not on a personal level.

But if someone wanted to overpay me dramatically I'd be happy to take it but I wouldn't be sold bold as to say I've earned it and deserve it.
Hmm... :yeahright:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Expect more and more of these types of strong arm moves by the GOP. They know they've lost their base, they've lost connection with America, and in typical militarist fashion they are going to try to seize power from democratically elected leaders by bending the rules or using terror tactics - not bombs, or bullets, but words.

"Oh no, niggers are in charge! Quick, lets put white people in power before its too late!!!!"
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Berkut

Quote from: Jaron on June 09, 2009, 02:23:48 PM
Expect more and more of these types of strong arm moves by the GOP. They know they've lost their base, they've lost connection with America, and in typical militarist fashion they are going to try to seize power from democratically elected leaders by bending the rules or using terror tactics - not bombs, or bullets, but words.

"Oh no, niggers are in charge! Quick, lets put white people in power before its too late!!!!"

Go back to that chat site, you are much better at that than this.

0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 09, 2009, 02:16:35 PM
Upstate New York is actually quite nice.

Well I can only go on all the people I meet in Austin from upstate New York.  They do not give exactly glowing reviews but hey they are the people who decided to leave so may not be the most objective sources.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Strix on June 09, 2009, 02:17:42 PM
And NYC isn't?

Seemed pretty nice when I was there.  It certainly looked 10x nicer than I expected given its reputation.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on June 09, 2009, 02:33:08 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 09, 2009, 02:16:35 PM
Upstate New York is actually quite nice.

Well I can only go on all the people I meet in Austin from upstate New York.  They do not give exactly glowing reviews but hey they are the people who decided to leave so may not be the most objective sources.
I don't know about job prospects, but I liked the weather and scenery when I lived there.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Strix

Quote from: Barrister on June 09, 2009, 02:19:25 PM

If others who have never done my job are bold enough to suggest that I hadn't earned it or that those in my field don't deserve it than why not?

I laugh when people say I am overpaid and inefficient. I, quite literally, do the work of ten people. I supervise 70+ felons who are able to be released to society instead of housed in a prison because of my job. It costs about $30,000 or so a year to house a felon in NYS.  I save the State roughly two million just from supervision. My position replaces the 10+ correction's officers that would be required to supervise the 70+ inmates. My position pays about $75,000 a year once I reach my normal pay level. Correction's officers make roughly $36,000+. So, once again, my position saves the State another $360,000 a year. I am also required to supervise my 70+ felons under very strict supervision guidelines that are monitored on a monthly basis. I have certain numbers and deadlines that must be met, period.

So, yes, I will be so bold.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Strix

Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2009, 02:20:35 PM
Hey Strix, what is your Berkut meter?

You wanted to know the number of parolee's under my supervision that were successfully discharged.

Berkut

So really, they ought to be paying you $2,000,000/year. You are grossly underpaid.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: Strix on June 09, 2009, 02:37:56 PM
Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2009, 02:20:35 PM
Hey Strix, what is your Berkut meter?

You wanted to know the number of parolee's under my supervision that were successfully discharged.

Cool.

0 rows returned

Strix

Quote from: Berkut on June 09, 2009, 02:39:00 PM
So really, they ought to be paying you $2,000,000/year. You are grossly underpaid.

Not quite but I do wonder sometimes where that extra $1,925,000 goes though.

Barrister

Quote from: Strix on June 09, 2009, 02:35:49 PM
I laugh when people say I am overpaid and inefficient. I, quite literally, do the work of ten people. I supervise 70+ felons who are able to be released to society instead of housed in a prison because of my job. It costs about $30,000 or so a year to house a felon in NYS.  I save the State roughly two million just from supervision. My position replaces the 10+ correction's officers that would be required to supervise the 70+ inmates. My position pays about $75,000 a year once I reach my normal pay level. Correction's officers make roughly $36,000+. So, once again, my position saves the State another $360,000 a year. I am also required to supervise my 70+ felons under very strict supervision guidelines that are monitored on a monthly basis. I have certain numbers and deadlines that must be met, period.

So, yes, I will be so bold.

Without a union though do you think that NYS could hire someone to do your job at a reduced rate and benefit?

Again this is not a personal attack.  I have no problem with you "deserving" that money, but you can make that kind of argument for lots of people.  Teachers and working with children, our most valuaable resource, so surely they "deserve" as much money as possible.  But it doesn't take away from the fact that teachers at most private schools do just as good a job and earn significantly less money as those in the public system.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.