Glaciers draining Antarctic basin destabilized, 4m level rise all but certain

Started by jimmy olsen, May 14, 2014, 03:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citizen k

Quote from: grumbler on May 14, 2014, 03:35:27 PM
Further, no one knows how effective various methods of reducing the impact of climate change would be, how much they would cost, or how to make either the prediction models or the amelioration models more accurate.

Given all of this, it is foolish to believe that you  have the knowledge of the best way to combat climate change. 

Here's one amelioration model:

Leave It to Beavers
Learn how beavers are being recruited to reverse the effects of global warming and water shortages. Premieres Wednesday, May 14, on PBS.

A growing number of scientists, conservationists and grass-roots environmentalists have come to regard beavers as overlooked tools when it comes to reversing the disastrous effects of global warming and world-wide water shortages.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/episodes/leave-it-to-beavers/leave-it-to-beavers/8836/

Razgovory

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 15, 2014, 01:16:58 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 15, 2014, 01:12:21 PM
Stop Stalking me.

Not only is he reading your posts now, I think he likes you. ;)

He's like a teenage girl who calls up a boy to tell him she's not talking to him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

I hope everyone is enjoying the Raz/CC lovefest as much as I am.  It's pretty hilarious.

Unfortunately for Raz's little snits and CC's little shits, I've never said I am ignoring Raz.  I only said I was no longer responding to him. 

So, their little-girl tittlefest is based, like so many other their other assertions, on ignorance of the facts.  That's one of the things that makes them so special as posters.  :lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Razgovory on May 15, 2014, 02:18:01 PM
Stop Stalking me.

He's like a teenage girl who calls up a boy to tell him she's not talking to him.

He really likes you!  This is like two of your posts in a row he will deny reading.

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 15, 2014, 03:13:13 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 15, 2014, 02:18:01 PM
Stop Stalking me.

He really likes you!  This is like two of your posts in a row he will deny reading.
Quoting to preserve for prosperity.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

CC's posts will somebody be worth a lot of money?  For blackmail once he become rich and famous?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on May 15, 2014, 03:34:56 PM
CC's posts will somebody be worth a lot of money?  For blackmail once he become rich and famous?

No, just to prevent him from claiming that he never believed that I would "deny reading" some post here.  I think that there is plenty of evidence here (over the course of years) that I read Raz's posts, even if I don't respond to them.  I have never "denied" that I read them.  That's a foolish idea, perpetuated only by CC and Raz.  It is amusing, nothing more.

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

You really ought to read some of Raz's posts, they're often pretty funny.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 15, 2014, 03:43:20 PM
You really ought to read some of Raz's posts, they're often pretty funny.
:hmm:  I might try that.  Something new... that's rare on languish.

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on May 15, 2014, 03:41:17 PM

No, just to prevent him from claiming that he never believed that I would "deny reading" some post here.  I think that there is plenty of evidence here (over the course of years) that I read Raz's posts, even if I don't respond to them.  I have never "denied" that I read them.  That's a foolish idea, perpetuated only by CC and Raz.  It is amusing, nothing more.

Wow, you really care  :hug:

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on May 15, 2014, 03:41:17 PM

The thing is, you do respond.  Like you are now. You just do it in a weird passive-aggressive way. And you have said your are ignoring me, (presumably you put me on ignore when we had that feature, since you said you did).

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 15, 2014, 04:02:11 PM
Wow, you really care  :hug:

I do.   You are one of the funniest and most reliable posters here.  The only question with you is whether you are reduced to ad homs in your third post of a debate, or whether you hold off to the fourth.  I enjoy it when you run out of logical arguments and get to the personal attacks.  This thread is a prime example.  Entertainment is one of the reasons i post here, and you are highly entertaining, so of course I care.  Thanks for being here. :hug:

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on May 15, 2014, 05:21:06 PM
Entertainment is one of the reasons i post here

And you are very entertaining.  So please carry on.