Glaciers draining Antarctic basin destabilized, 4m level rise all but certain

Started by jimmy olsen, May 14, 2014, 03:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

grumbler's a pretty big deal over at the community.aarp.org forums.  He owns the Shuffleboard Megathread.

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on May 19, 2014, 07:00:05 AM
I must admit amusement (but no surprise at all) that my attempt to have an intellectual discussion regarding climate change and the specific challenge it faces re; modelling has gone precisely nowhere, while the bickering and posturing remain precisely as popular as before my post.

See, Jake, this is why I seldom try here; languishites Like CC think themselves smart, but they lack any serious intellectual chops.  They can insult me and make up arguments to attribute to me, but they cannot actually address my arguments in intellectual terms.  The best they can do is claim that I am an "anti-sciencer" and that, since I want to validate scientific models (models whose predctive abilities the IPCC report itself discusses as inadequate for many purposes), I am claiming that "the scientists dont know what they are saying."  CC cannot even see how ironic it is that I am using, in fact, the scientific method while he uses the pop culture approach!  :lol:

The good news is that there are intellectual sites out there where i can discuss this.   :)  I will resume considering languish a forum for lightweights, and will resume posting only lightweight material.

Well to speak to your post, I'm not sure why that plan is preferable to say just continuing efforts to move away from fossil fuels. I don't see where the political will would come to undertake your grand experiment.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.