Main Menu

In the long run, wars make us safer and richer

Started by CountDeMoney, April 28, 2014, 09:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: The Brain on May 01, 2014, 07:23:29 AM
Who the fuck names their kid Gatherer?

The same dumb fucks that name their kid "Hunter."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Quote from: grumbler on May 01, 2014, 07:24:08 AM
Quote from: The Brain on May 01, 2014, 07:23:29 AM
Who the fuck names their kid Gatherer?

The same dumb fucks that name their kid "Hunter."

I don't think anyone does that. :lol:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PDH

I want to know where Tim gets his data from.  As others have pointed out, there is a difference between average lifespan and a "years to death" measured from a different point than birth.  20-30% mortality drags down the average lifespan and skews the numbers.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

mongers

'Make Love, Not War'

Right I've done my bit for peace, so where do I hand in my chit for the free sex?   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ideologue

My favorite size command is the front.  It just sounds cool.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

A chick I work with named her son 'Conner'.  I told her I thought that was a dog's name.  She laughed about it, but I'm not sure if she was actually amused or just trying to be polite. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on May 01, 2014, 09:04:32 PM
A chick I work with named her son 'Conner'.  I told her I thought that was a dog's name.  She laughed about it, but I'm not sure if she was actually amused or just trying to be polite. :)

I'd say you'd have to worry about Human Resources, but in your case you don't.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on May 01, 2014, 01:53:07 PM
:(

Look at it this way, at least you're named "Number One Son" and not "Number One Daughter" which is roughly equivalent to naming your son Gatherer.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?