News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Pentatonix

Started by Grallon, June 01, 2014, 05:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grallon

I discovered them last December with their Daft Punk medley (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MteSlpxCpo).  Not knowing Daft Punk the group I thought this was their creation and found it brilliant - not only for the music but the visual arrangements. Later I read they had won the 2011 Sign Off contest and were the best acapella group out there.  They have done a lot of covers but their latest album (PTX vol II) comprises 3 originals.  They are the face the new America - 2 gays, 1 girl, 1 Jew and 1 black.

And now returning with their signature visuals - one of their original title: Love Again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F80FsZDTgn0

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

HVC

for a second I thought on of those medication ad bots had hacked Grallon's account :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

viper37

Quote from: HVC on June 01, 2014, 05:45:07 PM
for a second I thought on of those medication ad bots had hacked Grallon's account :lol:
I thought he was on some meds and wanted to share it/ask advice :D
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

"Pentatonix: side effects may include spontaneous combustion and anal leakage"  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grallon

Did any of you smart asses bother to watch/listen? <_<

G.

"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on June 02, 2014, 10:31:01 AM

"Pentatonix: side effects may include spontaneous combustion and anal leakage"  :hmm:

Sounds like a knockoff camera to me :hmm:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grallon on June 02, 2014, 11:34:01 AM

They were ok as far as acapella groups go.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: Grallon on June 02, 2014, 11:34:01 AM

G.

I've been following Pentatonix for the last several months, G. I agree; they rock. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

I liked it except the Boy Bandish way the five oclock shadow dude inflected the lyrics.