Am I the only one pissed off by the SNP?

Started by Josquius, April 17, 2014, 04:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

You really don't want to ask these people to rule on whether you're an idiot or not.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Thankfully that's not the question under consideration. -_-
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 21, 2014, 08:58:31 PM
Seriously, though, if neccessary the Brits should use force to keep the country together.
To achieve their life long dream of immitating Vladimir Putin?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Eddie Teach

If the British were gonna go down that route, they shouldn't let the Scots have the plebiscite in the first place.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 21, 2014, 04:10:57 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 21, 2014, 04:06:18 PM
Wait so you are an Irishman who grew up in Scotland and lives in England?  Sheilbh is Britain personified.
I was born in Liverpool so I'm English born - but I do have Irish citizenship (I need to renew my passport actually now I'm stressing about the union and the EU). I also have Welsh and Manx grandparents. So yeah I am very British :lol:

Yes, there's a lot of that sort of thing about. My wife is half-Scots and half-Irish but was born and brought up in England, with innumerable holidays in Scotland. I'm English but have lived in Scotland and spent much of my childhood on British army bases with people from all over the British Isles and even the wider Commonwealth. Our kids are from Lancashire, a county which has nothing to do with either of our families; they are British through and through and risk their country being partitioned and have no say.

Josquius

I'm 3/8s Irish, used to live there even. Getting an Irish passport is something I've always considered for the coolness factor but never done as it was pointless. But yes, if Britain leaves the EU then I'll need to get it.
If Britain leaves the EU and Scotland leaves then  :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding: :bleeding:
I'm fucking emigrating.

QuoteFive monts is an eternity in an election like this. It'll swing back and forth a few more times before shaking out one way or the other.

Seriously, though, if neccessary the Brits should use force to keep the country together.
Surely you can't be serious :blink:
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on April 22, 2014, 04:55:19 AM

Surely you can't be serious :blink:
I would absolutely be in favor of using force to keep the UK together. Unless the minority in question is legitimately be oppressed I am always opposed to secession. I don't think this is an unusual American stance. We believe secession is bad and should be crushed.

See the poll I made.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Bloody hell. :bleeding:
That's beyond disagreeable. Thats just.... What the fuck?
Democracy=good.
██████
██████
██████

grumbler

Quote from: Tyr on April 22, 2014, 05:24:01 AM
Bloody hell. :bleeding:
That's beyond disagreeable. Thats just.... What the fuck?
Democracy=good.

This is Timmmay you are talking to.  WTF are his middle initials.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Gups

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 21, 2014, 10:29:52 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 21, 2014, 10:12:39 AMThen where is all this neglect driving them to independence?  This makes it sound like they should have no grievances at all.
It's not really about grievances though. As I say I think it'd be a very amicable divorce.

Sorry to drag this up from page XX, but c'mon Shelf, you can't be serious.

It will be a horrendous divorce which wil take up the focus of both countries for years. There will be massive rows about the apportionment of debt and of assets, about trident, about the currrency union, the BBC, oil rights etc etc.

alfred russel

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 22, 2014, 01:31:41 AM

Yes, there's a lot of that sort of thing about. My wife is half-Scots and half-Irish but was born and brought up in England, with innumerable holidays in Scotland. I'm English but have lived in Scotland and spent much of my childhood on British army bases with people from all over the British Isles and even the wider Commonwealth. Our kids are from Lancashire, a county which has nothing to do with either of our families; they are British through and through and risk their country being partitioned and have no say.

You people imposed that awful partition on India and Pakistan, and now it is your turn. You probably never thought it would happen to you. The refugees, the divided families, the violence and border conflicts. Great Britain, 2015.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on April 22, 2014, 10:01:17 AM
You people imposed that awful partition on India and Pakistan

That is not exactly how that went down.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on April 22, 2014, 10:09:17 AM

Dorsey isn't exactly the sharpest history tool in the shed.  Just laugh and move on.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on April 22, 2014, 11:03:38 AM
Quote from: Valmy on April 22, 2014, 10:09:17 AM

Dorsey isn't exactly the sharpest history tool in the shed.  Just laugh and move on.

I am like an old rusty shovel. I just beat you over the head again and again. Eventually you have a horrible headache and probably an infection like tetanus.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014