Am I the only one pissed off by the SNP?

Started by Josquius, April 17, 2014, 04:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 18, 2014, 10:02:24 AM
Well, someone sounds bitter.

Canada is run by Machiavellian public officials.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on April 18, 2014, 10:12:32 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 18, 2014, 10:02:24 AM
Well, someone sounds bitter.

Canada is run by Machiavellian public officials.
You must crush the enemy within!

Or at least that's what they think we think :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 18, 2014, 08:53:35 AM
Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 18, 2014, 01:19:14 AM
One thing that does worry me is that, depending on the share of the vote gained by the other parties, it is possible for Labour to be elected with an absolute majority of seats with only 32% of the vote. The current constituency boundaries favour them over the Tories by 30 seats or more for equivalent vote shares, we can blame the Lib Dems for this as they stymied boundary redrawing in a fit of pique after AV was rejected in the recent referendum.
I think the Tories will seriously regret campaigning against AV. It helped kill the boundary changes, but also I think they're the party who need it the most.

We could end up in a 1974 or 1951 situation where the Tories win the most votes but Labour win the most seats. But it's still very unclear. We don't know how much and where the Lib Dems have collapsed. We also don't know how well Ukip have done, even doubling their vote from 3% to 6% could have a big impact in several seats.

One other factor, in these ideology-lite days, is that incumbent MPs can have more of an advantage/disadvantage than in the old days of the two-party system. I've seen quite a lot of chat saying that many Lib-Dem MPs are far more respected locally than their party for example; we shall see.

Viking

Quote from: Brazen on April 17, 2014, 05:24:18 AM
England and Wales better get dredging some deep harbours and getting UN nuclear storage safety inspectors in pronto, otherwise the first time the Trident subs come in for a refit after the vote they won't have anywhere to go.

My gut feeling is that if independence comes included in the "divorce" arrangement is a deal for the Royal Navy to continue to use the facilities at Faslane. 
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 18, 2014, 11:23:22 AM
One other factor, in these ideology-lite days, is that incumbent MPs can have more of an advantage/disadvantage than in the old days of the two-party system. I've seen quite a lot of chat saying that many Lib-Dem MPs are far more respected locally than their party for example; we shall see.
Yeah. I mean look at the Eastbourne by-election, though I suspect if it had gone on for another week we'd have our first Ukip MP.

The Lib Dems are very good at turning marginal seats into strongholds though. I mean Norman Lamb in North Norfolk, he won with a 150 majority in 2001. In 2005 he had a majority over 10 000.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Because of evil political tactics?
Or are lib dems genuinely good MPs?
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Just been on the phone to my dad. We talked about the independence referendum. Turns out he's been encouraging all of our Scottish friends to vote 'yes' including a few who were on the fence :lol: :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 18, 2014, 12:15:39 PM
Just been on the phone to my dad. We talked about the independence referendum. Turns out he's been encouraging all of our Scottish friends to vote 'yes' including a few who were on the fence :lol: :bleeding:

Why?  Tory?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on April 18, 2014, 12:23:43 PM
Why?  Tory?
Combination of Irishness and hating the Tories. 'They don't even care about the North of England. Who thinks they give a fuck about another country?' He claims to speak from his 'great experience' of living in the South :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 18, 2014, 12:27:15 PM
Quote from: Valmy on April 18, 2014, 12:23:43 PM
Why?  Tory?
Combination of Irishness and hating the Tories. 'They don't even care about the North of England. Who thinks they give a fuck about another country?' He claims to speak from his 'great experience' of living in the South :lol:

Of course they care about the North of England, lots of marginal constituencies up there.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on April 18, 2014, 11:23:22 AMOne other factor, in these ideology-lite days, is that incumbent MPs can have more of an advantage/disadvantage than in the old days of the two-party system.

What do you mean by this, exactly?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)