Family trip to Canada on the horizon

Started by merithyn, April 16, 2014, 08:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PRC

And how have you found your time in Edmonton?  Enjoy the place?  How was the whole Winter experience for you?

Malthus

Quote from: PRC on May 13, 2014, 03:28:30 PM
And how have you found your time in Edmonton?  Enjoy the place?  How was the whole Winter experience for you?

Why assume the winter experience is over?  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on May 13, 2014, 03:29:59 PM

And think PRC was just being polite

PRC

Quote from: Malthus on May 13, 2014, 03:29:59 PM

Speaking for Calgary... I believe it is now over.  We may have one more snow event, but it will not stick to the ground and in two weeks time tomatoes can stay outside for the night.

merithyn

Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2014, 02:47:17 PM
I almost always start at the Delta Center hotel downtown.

*runs and looks up prices*

*blanches*

Um.. we may just come visit you. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on May 13, 2014, 02:57:58 PM
Let me see if Mrs B wants to come.

Or if there are board games involved maybe you want to come over to our place?  There are small children around, but they do go to bed eventually...

We can do that. :) I'd love to meet the Baby BBs. :D

What else to do: A quick googling shows The Works Art & Design Festival is going on starting that day:

http://www.theworks.ab.ca/

Though I can't remember much about what actually goes on from past years other than they have a whole bunch of food vendors.

You might like going to Whyte Ave, which is Edmonton's historic/trendy/college-y part of town with quirky shops and restaurants.

There's always The Mall(tm), which is still the largest shopping mall in North America.  I'm not really recommending that option though, but it's there if you want to see it.  It does have a bunch of other attractions too.

This is Max's time to show me the city his way. I'll let him decide what we do. :)

Quote from: PRC on May 13, 2014, 03:35:47 PM
Speaking for Calgary... I believe it is now over.  We may have one more snow event, but it will not stick to the ground and in two weeks time tomatoes can stay outside for the night.

Any chance you might come up, PRC? I know it's a healthy drive for you, but.... it's us! :D

mongers

Sounds like a fun trip, have a good time Meri and Max.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Berkut

Quote from: merithyn on May 13, 2014, 03:56:39 PM

*blanches*

LOL. The funny thing is that the "bank rate", which doesn't seem like all that great of a rate to me, is for one of their rooms with a jacuzzi in the room.

Which is kind of cool I guess, but sitting in a jacuzzi by yourself is actually kind of lame.

0 rows returned

Berkut

0 rows returned

Berkut

Edmonton is a fine town.

0 rows returned

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on May 13, 2014, 04:07:48 PM
Quote from: merithyn on May 13, 2014, 03:56:39 PM

*blanches*

LOL. The funny thing is that the "bank rate", which doesn't seem like all that great of a rate to me, is for one of their rooms with a jacuzzi in the room.

Which is kind of cool I guess, but sitting in a jacuzzi by yourself is actually kind of lame.
that is what hookers are for duh.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

merithyn

Funny thing: My Canadian husband got a passport, but me, the Iowa-born American, was denied. :glare:

My copy of my divorce decree (which shows my name change back to my maiden name) wasn't signed by the judge, so it's not a valid copy. Max is now on his way up to Chicago to get a valid copy - certified - to overnight to the passport office in the hopes that I'll get my passport before we're scheduled to leave... in two weeks and two days.

Of course, we're all screwed if the copy on file isn't signed by the judge, either....  :ph34r:

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on May 29, 2014, 12:22:34 PM
Of course, we're all screwed if the copy on file isn't signed by the judge, either....  :ph34r:

I always suspected Max wanted to be a polygamist.  But I think the other way around. :hmm: