And we're back!

Main Menu

Family trip to Canada on the horizon

Started by merithyn, April 16, 2014, 08:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

LaCroix

Quote from: merithyn on April 17, 2014, 03:04:36 PM(except Tim Horton, Max; don't panic)

just in luck! the whole gosh darned town went wild last december when grand fork's first tim hortons opened up!  :w00t:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: LaCroix on April 17, 2014, 05:06:05 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 17, 2014, 03:04:36 PM(except Tim Horton, Max; don't panic)

just in luck! the whole gosh darned town went wild last december when grand fork's first tim hortons opened up!  :w00t:

Finally, a reason to go to North Dakota!
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on April 17, 2014, 03:04:36 PM
This is our proposed route

If you stretched it west you could hit Little Big Horn and drive north along the scenic Rockies.  If you stretched it east you could check out the gorgeous Gold Coast of Minnesota.  If you kept to your current plan you could go mad.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 17, 2014, 06:51:35 PM
Quote from: merithyn on April 17, 2014, 03:04:36 PM
This is our proposed route

If you stretched it west you could hit Little Big Horn and drive north along the scenic Rockies.  If you stretched it east you could check out the gorgeous Gold Coast of Minnesota.  If you kept to your current plan you could go mad.

The Rockies are a substantial distance west of anywhere she wants to go.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Look to be not too far from her end point.  :hmm:

Eddie Teach

There's a lot to be said for driving through flat terrain rather than mountainous.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

merithyn

Quote from: LaCroix on April 17, 2014, 05:06:05 PM

LaCroix, do you live in Grand Forks? Will you be around on the proposed date?
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 17, 2014, 06:51:35 PMIf you stretched it west you could hit Little Big Horn and drive north along the scenic Rockies.  If you stretched it east you could check out the gorgeous Gold Coast of Minnesota.  If you kept to your current plan you could go mad.

you mean something like this?

yeah, that's a superior trip, at least for sightseeing. 11+ hours longer and at least a hundred dollars more expensive, though

Quote from: merithyn on April 17, 2014, 10:05:09 PMLaCroix, do you live in Grand Forks? Will you be around on the proposed date?

yes. saturday/sunday, right? i should be around

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 17, 2014, 07:23:14 PM
Look to be not too far from her end point.  :hmm:

Considering her end point is Edmonton where I live, and the Rockies are about a 4 hour drive from here...

Berkut

Beebs, would love to come meet your family. I get in Monday afternoon, leave (very early) Friday am. Work until 5ish each day, of course. What evening would be best ?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on April 17, 2014, 11:38:19 PM
Beebs, would love to come meet your family. I get in Monday afternoon, leave (very early) Friday am. Work until 5ish each day, of course. What evening would be best ?

Monday being a holiday, we're in Calgary for the long weekend, getting back some time on Monday.  Despite it being a work week, we'd probably have to do Tuesday-Thursday.  Warning though - three little boys under the age of four gets pretty hectic.   :D

Neil - you're definitely invited (your wife too, though stag is fine too).

Barrister

Neil!  The time has come!

Do you want to come over to my place for supper on Wednesday or Thursday and meet up with me and Berkut?

Grey Fox

On the 16 going thru Elk Island Park you will see Bison from the Road if you are lucky.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.