News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

So, how about that Wildcat basketball team?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Rasputin

Quote from: alfred russel on November 01, 2014, 11:28:27 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on November 01, 2014, 11:25:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2014, 11:14:18 PM
Talk about insult to injury.  TONIGHT WE ARE ALL OLE MISS

OK, not really, but that ending really, really sucked ass.

The ending worked for me.   :)

Things are beginning to fall into place for another iron bowl to decide the fate of humanity.

:yeahright:
Who is John Galt?

CountDeMoney

Punk move by the turtles.  I can appreciate getting fired up for what used to be the school's biggest rivalry game of the 70's and 80's, but I don't even think the Hurriconvicts ever pulled that stunt.

QuoteAfter Terps refuse to shake hands with Penn State captains, Randy Edsall apologizes for snub

Maryland football coach Randy Edsall began his postgame news conference Saturday with an apology.

Before the pregame coin toss, Maryland's game captains — tight end P.J. Gallo, wide receiver Stefon Diggs and safety Sean Davis — refused to shake the hands of Penn State's captains.

Penn State coach James Franklin later said: "I've never been apart of that. In 20 years, I've never seen that before."

After the Terps' 20-19 win, Edsall addressed the snub.

"Let me just start off by saying that I want to apologize to the Penn State fans, to their team and their university for what took place at the beginning of the game," he said. "That is not who we are. Our emotions got the best of us, and we've got to be above that."

Edsall said Maryland athletic director Kevin Anderson, who addressed the incident in a written statement after the game, reached out to Penn State athletic director Sandy Barbour to apologize.

"We are extremely disappointed in the actions of our captains involved in today's coin toss prior to today's kickoff against Penn State," Anderson said in the statement. "Their behavior is not a reflection of how our student-athletes should conduct themselves in athletic competition. On behalf of president Dr. Wallace D. Loh, head coach Randy Edsall and myself, we extend our sincere apology to Penn State University president Dr. Eric J. Barron, director of athletics Sandy Barbour, head coach James Franklin and the Penn State football program."

Neither Edsall nor his players elaborated on what led to the players' decision to not shake hands, but the teams had scuffled briefly before the coin toss.

"Pregame got a little out of hand," Gallo said. "We need to keep our composure. It wasn't a smart decision. That is something that could cost us a game."

I think the Terps need new captains.

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 03, 2014, 10:18:11 AM
I don't even think the Hurriconvicts ever pulled that stunt.

They did.  :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Howard Schnellenberger would never have allowed that.

alfred russel

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 03, 2014, 10:38:01 AM

Jimmy Johnson was cool with it.

I'm not sure if it happened under Dennis Erickson, but if his players basically did whatever they wanted and left him to cry in his office.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on November 03, 2014, 10:40:37 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 03, 2014, 10:38:01 AM

Jimmy Johnson was cool with it.

I rest my case.   Now go run over yourself with your car, shitbird.

dps

Punk move by the turtles.  I can appreciate getting fired up for what used to be the school's biggest rivalry game of the 70's and 80's

To top it off, they haven't played since '93, which means that none of Maryland's current players even remember those games, and few of them were even alive at the time.

derspiess

Quote from: PDH on November 02, 2014, 09:20:39 AM
In a battle of bad teams, Wyoming beat Fresno State late last night 45-17.  Wyoming had a freshman RB run for something like 3248 yards, and finally the ball control power game of the new coach showed promise.

Now if Wyoming can just schedule horrible teams each game they might have another .500 season.

I stayed up to watch that game, just for you.

Also, Google Now pushed an alert to my phone about the game when it was 15 minutes from starting, so I took that as a sign from God that I should watch.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: dps on November 03, 2014, 02:53:53 PM
Punk move by the turtles.  I can appreciate getting fired up for what used to be the school's biggest rivalry game of the 70's and 80's

To top it off, they haven't played since '93, which means that none of Maryland's current players even remember those games, and few of them were even alive at the time.

PISS ON PSU
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PDH

Quote from: derspiess on November 03, 2014, 02:56:46 PM

I stayed up to watch that game, just for you.

Also, Google Now pushed an alert to my phone about the game when it was 15 minutes from starting, so I took that as a sign from God that I should watch.

Word is that the freshman RB is a bit tired after that game...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Admiral Yi

45 points on 3000 yards rushing is not very good scoring efficiency.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 03, 2014, 05:47:18 PM
45 points on 3000 yards rushing is not very good scoring efficiency.
If you can get 3000 rushing in a game, you don't care much about scoring efficiency.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

PDH

It might have only been 283 yards rushing and 106 yards receiving in reality.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

alfred russel

It turns out that LSU doesn't not fear Alabama this weekend, and is feeling rather confident.

QuoteI hated my daddy.

He was a coarse man. Wicked. Mama used to say he was ill-tempered...but I knew...there was nothing ill. He knew exactly what he was doing. Screaming. Cursing. He was never afraid to put his hands on me, on her...on anybody.

I used to cry and scream and wonder "Why daddy? Why?! Why you gotta say all them things! What did I do? No daddy...not the belt...DADDY!"

But he had a way. A plan. He knew what he was doin'. My daddy was gettin' me ready. Helpin' me learn how to fly. Fly higher than he ever could ever go. To get to a place where I'd be able to survey everything that lay below me. All at my feet in little pools of maroon.

Daddy wore a lot of masks too. When those fancy folks from town came to the bayou he always put on his best face and told 'em "yes sir" and "no ma'am" and "pardon my boy...his momma don't never show him how to do nothin' right." But it was that son that showed the world his true face.

It was late one night. Daddy was passed out on the couch. I walked up...ran my hands through that greasy hair and...a razor blade right under his chin. And I shouted "DADDY DADDY LOOK AT THE WINGS YOU GAVE ME!"

Made an awful mess. The red was...everywhere. When they found him it was all over his face. It looked like a crimson mask but...that was what he tried to hide from the world.

So you see...when they talk about the Crimson Tide rollin' in, that's just something I will never fear. For you see, I have embraced a wave of the reddest blood you have ever seen. I have let it wash over me, and I have come out on the other side stronger. When I see that color...when I see that mask, on another man...it doesn't scare me. Because I know that while everybody else will be drowning in all those burgundy waves, I'll be flying above it all.

Saturday...you'll see. You'll all see...I'll have my wings...I'm going to show you all. Just like I showed my daddy.