News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ed Anger on November 01, 2014, 07:59:13 PM
I don't know which band at the Ohio State-Illinois  was playing Immigarnt Song, but it rocked on TV.

The two best bands in the nation. That's always a great game to go to.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

alfred russel

I believe we have just seen peak Mississippi for this century. 80 years from now, a Mississippian will reflect on this day:

QuoteFor every Mississippi boy fourteen years old, not once but whenever he wants it, there is the instant when it's 3rd and 3 at the 20 on that November night in 2014, a crowd is gathered in the Grove, the Black Bear is roaming the sideline and Colonel Reb is nowhere to be seen and Hugh Freeze himself with his Ole Miss visor and his headset in one hand probably and his playsheet in the other looking upon the field for Bo Wallace to give the word and it's all in the balance, it hasn't happened yet, it hasn't even begun yet, it not only hasn't begun yet but there is stll time for it not to begin against that position and those circumstances which made more men than Mathers and Sanders and Treadwell look grave yet it's going to begin, we all know that, we have come too far with too much at stake and that moment doesn't need even a fourteen-year-old boy to think This time. Maybe this time with all this much to lose and all this much to gain: Auburn, the SEC West, the SEC, the National Championship itself to crown with desperate and unbelievable victory the desperate gamble, that wide receiver screen....
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Talk about insult to injury.  TONIGHT WE ARE ALL OLE MISS

OK, not really, but that ending really, really sucked ass.

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on November 01, 2014, 11:05:23 PM
I believe we have just seen peak Mississippi for this century. 80 years from now, a Mississippian will reflect on this day:

QuoteFor every Mississippi boy fourteen years old, not once but whenever he wants it, there is the instant when it's 3rd and 3 at the 20 on that November night in 2014, a crowd is gathered in the Grove, the Black Bear is roaming the sideline and Colonel Reb is nowhere to be seen and Hugh Freeze himself with his Ole Miss visor and his headset in one hand probably and his playsheet in the other looking upon the field for Bo Wallace to give the word and it's all in the balance, it hasn't happened yet, it hasn't even begun yet, it not only hasn't begun yet but there is stll time for it not to begin against that position and those circumstances which made more men than Mathers and Sanders and Treadwell look grave yet it's going to begin, we all know that, we have come too far with too much at stake and that moment doesn't need even a fourteen-year-old boy to think This time. Maybe this time with all this much to lose and all this much to gain: Auburn, the SEC West, the SEC, the National Championship itself to crown with desperate and unbelievable victory the desperate gamble, that wide receiver screen....

:lol: Good old Faulkner
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

There was a time, not too long ago, when Texas winning in Lubbock at night was a huge accomplishment.  Hard to believe.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

lustindarkness

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2014, 11:14:18 PM

The ending worked for me.   :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on November 01, 2014, 11:23:09 PM
There was a time, not too long ago, when Texas winning in Lubbock at night was a huge accomplishment.  Hard to believe.

I really don't get it...I really thought that hiring a good looking 30 something to coach a football team in west texas was a can't miss strategy.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

alfred russel

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 01, 2014, 11:25:36 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 01, 2014, 11:14:18 PM

The ending worked for me.   :)

Things are beginning to fall into place for another iron bowl to decide the fate of humanity.

Berkut

Arizona down 17-7 in the 4th. Solomon is finally looking like a freshman.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on November 01, 2014, 11:28:27 PM
Things are beginning to fall into place for another iron bowl to decide the fate of humanity Florida State, Oregon, TCU, and Michigan State to be the CFB playoff.

:w00t:

Ok probably not.

katmai

Quote from: Berkut on November 02, 2014, 12:24:19 AM
Arizona down 17-7 in the 4th. Solomon is finally looking like a freshman.
yeah I wouldn't have believed it if someone told me Utah would be in driver seat of Pac-12 south.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

You know, Miami has dismantled Virginia Tech and North Carolina in back to back weeks. FSU has looked...vulnerable is putting it nicely. Miami has a bye before playing FSU in two weeks, while FSU has an opponent they can't look past. The game is in Miami. Not too long ago I wouldn't have said this, but there is reason for hope...

katmai

I meant to say wouldn't believe ASU would be in driver seat.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

I would not believe anyone who told me that Arizona would lose a game where their defense dominated and held UCLA to 17 points. That was just bizarre. It wasn't even that normal offensive woes where you cannot get points in the red zone - Arizona never came close to scoring except on the opening drive where they got a bunch of help from Miles Jack.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

PDH

In a battle of bad teams, Wyoming beat Fresno State late last night 45-17.  Wyoming had a freshman RB run for something like 3248 yards, and finally the ball control power game of the new coach showed promise.

Now if Wyoming can just schedule horrible teams each game they might have another .500 season.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM