News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Anyway pretty much have to score on every possession the rest of the game.  Let's see what we got here.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

I'm at some shitty hotel outside geneva at 4 in the morning trying to watch a laggy stream of the ND - Michigan game in my shitty room, and you know what? I appreciate the lag because this is making the game take longer making it possible to savor it just a bit more.

But what is going on in the Texas - BYU game? I see 34-0? Has the mormon god descended from the heavens to slay the Longhorns? Does Texas really suck that bad?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadBurgerMaker

QuoteUm the offense put up about as many yards as BYU did in the first half and had more time of possession so I do not get the argument they got worn out.

:lol:  Did you not see the first half?  All BYU was doing was pounding on them for most of the half.  They gave up one long drive (for 3), then kicked BYUs ass for a while, including giving up only 3 off of two turnovers that were in or right near Horns territory.  The O needed to score some fucking points and take some pressure off. 

Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2014, 09:23:08 PM
And yes ok not ALL the offense are freshman just the entire line and the QB. 

Or, you know, just Raulerson.

QuoteBesides even if what you say is true a defense needs to play well for more than a half and needs to get through more than three quarters without giving up nearly 400 yards.  We needed an elite performance by this defense to help this offense get its legs today and we didn't get it.  The special teams though did even worse.

They weren't going to win either way, Valmy, but actually having the offense shows up helps every once in a while. 

E:  Dude seriously, Swoopes was in Austin and actually playing in some games last year.  You don't remember Mack burning his RS?

alfred russel

Quote from: katmai on September 02, 2014, 11:57:28 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 31, 2014, 10:06:58 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 31, 2014, 12:07:23 AM
Man, Washington's O looks.....off.

It is the magic of Chris Petersen. His presence gives the little guy a shot in every david vs. goliath matchup he coaches.

Or more so they are replacing QB( and this is the backup as the starter is sitting out 1 game suspension), 1st string RB and TE

Is that why they gave up 52 to East Washington?

I'm just saying, don't discount magic.

Also, don't discount the possibility that Boise State curses its coaches as they leave the school. How else can we explain Dan Hawkins at Colorado?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

MadBurgerMaker

I like that they apparently have worked on Swoopes throwing motion.

E:  But the O responds to a TO by giving it back.  That's....I think four turnovers now. 

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 06, 2014, 09:28:56 PM
:lol:  Did you not see the first half?  All BYU was doing was pounding on them for most of the half.  They gave up one long drive (for 3), then kicked BYUs ass for a while, including giving up only 3 off of two turnovers that were in or right near Horns territory.  The O needed to score some fucking points and take some pressure off. 

Of course I watched it.  The O did some nice things.  Those turnovers (by a junior and senior no less :bleeding:) were pretty bad.  BYU was moving the ball but the defense managed to keep it together.  The O got some first downs and had some time of possession though so there were a few good things to build on.  Or at least should have helped keep the defense fresh.

Or, you know, just Raulerson

Well ok you got me.  They line and the QB were all making amongst their first starts.  Still that is pretty nitpicky.

QuoteThey weren't going to win either way, Valmy, but actually having the offense shows up helps every once in a while.

How did you know that?

Quotebut actually having the offense shows up helps every once in a while.

Of course it would have helped.  I was only saying I did not see how the defense had been playing enough to justify the theory that they were just to exhausted by the beginning of the third quarter, they just got worked.  That is also a special teams loaded with starters that fumbled and put the offense deep in their own territory.  Seems like the whole team has serious work to do to me.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on September 01, 2014, 06:09:30 PM

So, how you feeling about the ND-UM game?  I can't imagine what is going through gamblers' minds that ND is a 5.5 point favorite.  I think Michigan wins this outright.  Golsen is a great QB, but everything he does well has to go against a Michigan strength. 

I actually think that ND would start just about anybody in Michigan's defensive backfield 3-deep.  ND will be able to run some, but they won't be able to pass.  Michigan won't be able to run except to keep ND honest, but they will pass at will against ND's secondary.  ND has nobody that can cover Funchess (height+speed+athleticism = #1JERSEYFORTHEFIRSTTIMEINTENYEARS), and Chesson wide and Funchess inside means ND can't double-team Funchess without going dime giving up the run game.

ND doesn't have the horses to handle Michigan this year.  Only a total breakdown of the Michigan O-line (which isn't inconceivable; look at last year) can save the Domers.

QB v Safeties:  Michigan, big
OL v DL: Domers, big
RB v LB: Michigan, big
Receivers v DB: Michigan, huge

That's the Tale of Two Cities.

:whistle:

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 06, 2014, 09:36:06 PM
I like that they apparently have worked on Swoopes throwing motion.

E:  But the O responds to a TO by giving it back.  That's....I think four turnovers now. 

That was a pretty bad throw but the only one on Swoopes.  One of the TOs was by the special teams.

Don't get me wrong here I am not saying the offense doesn't suck, I expected that.  But a total melt down by every phase of the game is something else.

Ed Anger

And that's it for me. Ohio state's O is miserable.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Doh there goes the under.  Knew I should have bet on the over.

Valmy

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2014, 09:41:16 PMOf course I watched it.  The O did some nice things.  Those turnovers (by a junior and senior no less :bleeding:) were pretty bad.  BYU was moving the ball but the defense managed to keep it together.  The O got some first downs and had some time of possession though so there were a few good things to build on.  Or at least should have helped keep the defense fresh.

Well Swoopes did some good things.  But he needed to be 05 Vince Young to get anything with the way the rest of the O was generally playing.   

QuoteWell ok you got me.  They line and the QB were all making amongst their first starts.  Still that is pretty nitpicky.

That's not nitpicky.  You can't say they're just a bunch of freshmen to explain their screwups if they're not freshmen.  They're inexperienced, but they didn't just step onto the 40 straight out of HS.  Hell even Raulerson has had a redshirt year. 

QuoteHow did you know that?

With that OL against a team like BYU?  No fuckin way.  I didn't think they'd embarrass themselves though.

QuoteOf course it would have helped.  I was only saying I did not see how the defense had been playing enough to justify the theory that they were just to exhausted by the beginning of the third quarter, they just got worked.  That is also a special teams loaded with starters that fumbled and put the offense deep in their own territory.  Seems like the whole team has serious work to do to me.

I didn't say they were exhausted, I said they were getting tired and the O is no good.  They gave up the initial drive, and they were right back out there when the O pissed the possession away.  That's the kind of shit that made Muschamp look like he wanted to murder Mack every week.

CountDeMoney

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2014, 09:42:34 PM
That was a pretty bad throw but the only one on Swoopes.  One of the TOs was by the special teams.

Don't get me wrong here I am not saying the offense doesn't suck, I expected that.  But a total melt down by every phase of the game is something else.

I think, of all players, Swoopes has looked the best on O.  Which is ridiculous, but hey, maybe the guy will grow into being some sort of badass.

alfred russel

Today is the Big 10's Waterloo.

Today is Texas' Hiroshima.