News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 06, 2014, 09:55:35 PM
Well Swoopes did some good things.  But he needed to be 05 Vince Young to get anything with the way the rest of the O was generally playing.

Sure.

QuoteThat's not nitpicky.  You can't say they're just a bunch of freshmen to explain their screwups if they're not freshmen.  They're inexperienced, but they didn't just step onto the 40 straight out of HS.  Hell even Raulerson has had a redshirt year.

I am saying the offense was inexperienced and was expected to struggle. 

QuoteWith that OL against a team like BYU?  No fuckin way.  I didn't think they'd embarrass themselves though.

I thought they had a chance, but the defense needed to play elite.  But yeah even if I thought they had no chance I did not expect this.  But maybe after five years of having at least one beat down like this every year I should have started to get used it heh.

QuoteI didn't say they were exhausted, I said they were getting tired and the O is no good.  They gave up the initial drive, and they were right back out there when the O pissed the possession away.  That's the kind of shit that made Muschamp look like he wanted to murder Mack every week.

The O was getting run over, but the special teams also had them pinned back.  Even so the BYU offense hardly broke a sweat.  That was a total team effort and a shocking one.

Or maybe not.  I remain constantly shocked just how thoroughly Mack Brown destroyed the program.  It just gets more incomprehensible every year.  It will be interesting what Strong can do with this dumpster fire moving forward.  Unlike last year the schedule is brutal.  Texas could, or rather probably should, be 2-4 going into Iowa State.  That is going to be rough on recruiting.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on September 06, 2014, 10:00:59 PM
Today is Texas' Hiroshima.

Nah this is normal now.  The only people still surprised by this are fans as delusional as me.  But the Hiroshima was the 2012 OU game. We are still wading through the nuclear wreckage.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

MadBurgerMaker

sbr

I didn't get to see much of the Ducks game at all, my old boss had a surprise 60th Birthday party.  It was at the bar of a local golf course so I figured it would be OK, there would be TVs there.  Nope, we got the goddamn banquet room. :bleeding:

I did get to see the sweet pick by Ifo and the last TD by watching a TV halfway blocked by a column through the mirror while I was eating and talking to my old boss.

Oh well.  Great win, I wasn't expecting much, and then when they went down at the end of the half I figured they were done.  This team might have something more than I am used too.  We'll see when we play Stanford.

sbr

Valmy

Today is the Big 10's Waterloo.

Ohio State is now tied with Virginia Tech at 21.

Edit: whoops just jinxed them.

MadBurgerMaker

sbr

MadBurgerMaker

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2014, 10:23:25 PM
Today is the Big 10's Waterloo.

Ohio State is now tied with Virginia Tech at 21.

The Imperial Guard's advance is underway.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

LOL, Art Schlichter highlights from that Penn State game.  THAT SEALS IT

alfred russel