News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

USC-Stanford was a fantastic game, right up to the last :19.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on September 06, 2014, 02:18:00 PM
I'll really be interested to see how Oregon works against that MSU defense. 

So far it doesn't seem to be much of an issue.  Goddammit.

CountDeMoney

Hey look, it's Michigan State's 1st half, in 26 seconds

http://youtu.be/vyRSV9eqTUY

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on September 06, 2014, 05:41:35 PM
No idea how to gauge this Washington team. Leading 59-52 vs #2 team in FCS E. Washington.
Survey results don't look promising.  I am sure they will be back, though. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 06, 2014, 06:42:09 PM

MSU 24, Oregon 18 at the half.  I'll take it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on September 06, 2014, 07:31:14 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 06, 2014, 06:42:09 PM

MSU 24, Oregon 18 at the half.  I'll take it.

Great, I change the channel and then they decide to wake the fuck up.  If I were living IN MY OWN FUCKING HOME, my NORAD Command Center would be up.

Fucking Wall Street.

Grey Fox

Who should I cheer for MSU or Oregon?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

sbr

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Two Ohio State field goals missed. Christ.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Well the offense is a complete dumpster fire and the D is getting tired.  SWEET

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 06, 2014, 09:01:43 PM
Well the offense is a complete dumpster fire and the D is getting tired.  SWEET

THe D got whipped from the opening gun of the second half.  Did they really get that tired in the first half?  The special teams has collapsed as well pinning the young offense inside the ten twice and fumbling it once.  The offense at least is a bunch of freshmen, these are Juniors and Seniors getting destroyed. 

Damn Coach Strong you have a lot of work to do.  I have to admit I did not see this 3rd quarter coming.  This sets our expectations though, this is going to take a few years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

sbr

MadBurgerMaker

The D bailed the offense out for the entire first half.  They cannot be expected to just be out there kicking ass the whole damn time with quick "drives" or turnovers from the O on every series.  Eventually they were going to break and/or give up. 

The O has done nothing but turn the ball over for the entire game, and no, they aren't a bunch of freshmen. 

E: Actually, is Raulerson the only Fr?  Swoopes (So), Brown (Sr), Gray (Jr), Harris (Sr), Johnson (Jr), Shipley (Sr), Swaim (Sr), Hutchins/Flowers/Doyle are Jr, Raulerson RS Fr, Perkins So.  Gray isn't technically a starter, but w/e.  Inexperienced, yes, but they're aren't a bunch of 18 year old Freshmen right out of high school.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 06, 2014, 09:12:38 PM
The D bailed the offense out for the entire first half.  They cannot be expected to just be out there kicking ass the whole damn time with quick "drives" or turnovers from the O on every series.  Eventually they were going to break and/or give up. 

The O has done nothing but turn the ball over for the entire game, and no, they aren't a bunch of freshmen. 

Um the offense put up about as many yards as BYU did in the first half and had more time of possession so I do not get the argument they got worn out.  The defense played well but they hardly dominated.  And yes ok not ALL the offense are freshman just the entire line and the QB.  The special teams pinned that young unit back at the goal line on two straight drives before just fumbling it. 

Besides even if what you say is true a defense needs to play well for more than a half and needs to get through more than three quarters without giving up nearly 400 yards.  We needed an elite performance by this defense to help this offense get its legs today and we didn't get it.  The special teams though did even worse.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."