News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Notre Dame is also eternally cursed and tainted.

By you know who.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 01, 2014, 07:37:11 PM

By you know who.

You are talking about Brian Kelly?

FuckifIknow why anyone would play for him.  He's a douche who recruits and then loses 5-stars like no one outside Lane Kiffin (LOL kiffin to Alabama to undo everything Saban has done).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Quote from: grumbler on September 01, 2014, 07:52:23 PM

By you know who.

FuckifIknow why anyone would play for him.  He's a douche who recruits and then loses 5-stars like no one outside Lane Kiffin (LOL kiffin to Alabama to undo everything Saban has done).

Tim.

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 01, 2014, 07:55:17 PM
Quote from: grumbler on September 01, 2014, 07:52:23 PM

By you know who.

Tim.
FuckifIknow why anyone would play for him.  He's a douche who writes about recruits and then writes about losing 5-stars like no one outside Lane Kiffin (LOL kiffin to Alabama to undo everything Saban has done).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: grumbler on September 01, 2014, 04:10:33 PM
Does Texas have the "three concussions and you are out" rule?  This would be his third, no?

I agree that he needs to retire.  Was he anything of a real pro prospect?

At least his third, yeah.  I don't know if they have a rule like that though.

Pro prospects: Meh.  Without the concussions and being able to play a normal amount of games and continuing to show normal improvement and all that, he'd probably be at least a late round pick practice squad/camp arm/maybe backup type guy (depending on how much he improved, obv).  Good enough size, arm strength, and mobility, just needs to work on decision making.

Berkut

So, how good is UTSA?

Are they improved over the last Arizona played them?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on September 01, 2014, 07:58:11 PM

FuckifIknow why anyone would play for him.  He's a douche who writes about recruits and then writes about losing 5-stars like no one outside Lane Kiffin (LOL kiffin to Alabama to undo everything Saban has done).

Many if not most successful coaches are douches.

Nick Saban: douchebag
Pete Carroll: douchebag
Urban Meyer: douchebag
Butch Davis: douchebag
Al Golden: seems like a nice and classy guy

God how I wish Butch Davis would come back.  :(

I don't think it is odd players want to play for Brian Kelly: he is a winner. See the undefeated season at Cincinnati, multiple national championships at lower divisions, and the undefeated regular season at Notre Dame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

PDH

Wyoming plays Air Force this week.  Wyoming has had a horrible defense for years, last week showed Wyoming has no offense, and even the "Howdy Fucking Doody" incident is long passed.

It will be a long night in Laramie.  Valmy, I need my Meth-Vision.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

derspiess

I'd put Brian Kelly at the top of the douchebag rankings.  As far as I know, none of those other guys were responsible for the death of a student.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on September 02, 2014, 11:45:07 AM
I'd put Brian Kelly at the top of the douchebag rankings.  As far as I know, none of those other guys were responsible for the death of a student.

Barry Switzer even allowed automatic weapons in players' dorms, but they never hit anybody shooting up the quad.  KINDA LIKE THEIR WIDE RECEIVERS

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2014, 05:36:13 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2014, 10:52:02 AM
West Virginia and Oklahoma State are playing some creampuffs...oh wait I mean they are the creampuffs.

Hey Spicey that creampuff has been tough for Bama to swallow so far.

The only reason they were competitive for most of the game is that I wasn't watching (tried to watch on my phone but for some reason the Watch ESPN app kept showing a different game instead of WVU-Bama).

The Marshall-Miami (OH) game felt like a I-AA game.  Attendance was pathetic, but I guess what you'd expect for a MAC school coming off a perfect 0-12 season.  I did get to overhear some entertaining Herd fan banter-- apparently they can write their own ticket for a spot in the 4-team playoff, with a prestigious (ex-BCS bowl) being the consolation if they don't. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

katmai

Quote from: alfred russel on August 31, 2014, 10:06:58 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 31, 2014, 12:07:23 AM
Man, Washington's O looks.....off.

It is the magic of Chris Petersen. His presence gives the little guy a shot in every david vs. goliath matchup he coaches.

Or more so they are replacing QB( and this is the backup as the starter is sitting out 1 game suspension), 1st string RB and TE
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Berkut

Arizona fans are kind of going a little nuts over Anu, I think.

Arizona, which has had some pretty decent offenses at times, set a school record for yards in that game against UNLV.

Solomon had the 9th most passing yards for a single game in school history.

A freshman running back went for over 100 yards, and a senior running back who took his first snap at the RB position *ever* that night went over 100 as well.

Now, I think what all this means is:

1. UNLV doesn't have a very good defense...and part of that is because they were just brutally out-coached by RichRod and his staff. Davonte Neal, a 5-star WR recruit, caught a touchdown pass when he was matched up against a linebacker. Ooops.
2. Senior offensive lines are good to have. A couple years ago, when Arizona was struggling with an offensive line composed almost entirely of freshman and sophomores, people were saying "Man, these guys are rough...but in a couple years if they all stay healthy...". Well, it's a couple years, and they have most stayed healthy. You cannot over-estimate how important an experienced, quality O-Line is.
3. This WR group is ridiculous.

I think it is going to be a very interesting year. If the defense can just be...decent, we will do very well.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on September 03, 2014, 08:18:21 AM

2. Senior offensive lines are good to have. A couple years ago, when Arizona was struggling with an offensive line composed almost entirely of freshman and sophomores, people were saying "Man, these guys are rough...but in a couple years if they all stay healthy...". Well, it's a couple years, and they have most stayed healthy. You cannot over-estimate how important an experienced, quality O-Line is.

Yep.  That's what has Michigan fans snickering over all the "hot seat" comments regarding Hoke.  Everyone knew that the team was going to pass through Attrition Valley after the woeful retention of RR's last two classes at Michigan; there were nine RS Juniors/seniors in the two-deep last year, and only six this year; on the offensive line, two and one, respectively. But next year, the O-line will have ten redshirt juniors and seniors available, lose one single player from the defensive two-deep,  AND have all the rivalry games at home.   It is almost impossible to imagine a scenario in which the AD throws all that away chasing a new coach.

Bayraktar!