News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Wyoming and Montana going to fight the battle of the empty states this weekend.

West Virginia and Oklahoma State are playing some creampuffs...oh wait I mean they are the creampuffs.

Iowa State is playing the Fightin' Lacroix and everybody else just has some warm up games.  But man I am so excited for the first game of the Charlie Strong era. 

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

The Michigan-ASU game was highly unusual in that I never once thought "why the fuck did they call that play?"  It's been at least ten years since I last saw a Michigan game that didn't feature at least one boneheaded offense play call.  I think Nussmeier is a keeper.

This Michigan defense is for real.  When the first string was in, ASU averaged something like 2.3 yards per play (and zero third down conversions).  Sure, it is just ASU, but that's still good football play.

The Michigan offensive line still has a lot of issues, but Nussmeier's play calling kept them out of bad situations barring the one sack.

ASU's offensive coordinator is good.  ASU didn't have the talent to execute the plays until they faced Michigan's third-string defense, but the play calling was solid and a plus.  His players came ready to play, and made few mistakes.  I wonder how long they will be able to keep him.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Stoopid Appalachian State.   :mad:

CountDeMoney

grumbler

Seedy, I thought both of those teams played excellent games.  Neither had the talent to keep up over time, but both played hard and were prepared.  I think the Domers might be in for a shock when they play Navy.  They don't have the offensive weapons to come back with big plays like OSU did.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Well, it was just Nevada of course, but Arizona's freshman QB set some records in his first college start.

Throwing to an NFL caliber receiving corps (if they were aged of course) probably helps.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

College football in August just doesn't seem right for some reason.

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on August 30, 2014, 03:58:14 PM
Well, it was just Nevada of course, but Arizona's freshman QB set some records in his first college start.

Throwing to an NFL caliber receiving corps (if they were aged of course) probably helps.

And he had a lot of help in the running game.  That's a tough offense to stop if they are executing well.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2014, 04:25:50 PM
College football in August just doesn't seem right for some reason.

Agreed.  Or, I should say, a greed.

They should probably drop the twelfth game and play an 8-team playoff, distributing the playoff money more evenly to make up for lost revenue from that twelfth game.

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on August 30, 2014, 03:54:43 PM
Seedy, I thought both of those teams played excellent games.  Neither had the talent to keep up over time, but both played hard and were prepared.  I think the Domers might be in for a shock when they play Navy.  They don't have the offensive weapons to come back with big plays like OSU did.

Navy's offfensive line is serious business.  They are going to truck some motherfuckers this year.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2014, 04:45:43 PM
Quote from: grumbler on August 30, 2014, 03:54:43 PM

Navy's offfensive line is serious business.  They are going to truck some motherfuckers this year.
They badly need a serviceable secondary, though.

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2014, 10:52:02 AM
West Virginia and Oklahoma State are playing some creampuffs...oh wait I mean they are the creampuffs.

Hey Spicey that creampuff has been tough for Bama to swallow so far.

Oh and how about those CycLOLs?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2014, 05:36:13 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2014, 10:52:02 AM

Hey Spicey that creampuff has been tough for Bama to swallow so far.

Oh and how about those CycLOLs?
WVU has played amazingly well so far, compared to expectations.  This is also one of the few "neutral" site games I have seen that actually makes sense.

Bayraktar!

Valmy

The Big 12 starts off 0-2.  Le sigh.

grumbler

Oh, and Berkut:  tell me those were one-game jerseys on Arizona.  Those were hideous.  I think I won't watch any more games with red-on-blue jerseys.

Bayraktar!