News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: alfred russel on August 19, 2014, 08:51:02 PM
I just don't care about vacating wins. Miami had to vacate a ton of wins and the collective response of the fan base was "can we vacate a few more of our shitty seasons too?" FSU had to vacate a bunch of wins and I never bothered to go back and taunt FSU fans for the wins they lost to Miami. They won on the field. Everyone saw it happen. What the record books say is really moot.

No one with a life believes that a vacated win becomes a win for the opponent.

QuoteLosing the players ND looks like it will lose is a disaster though. That comes close to scuttling the season before it starts.

Agreed.  They were already headed for a bad season, but this may mean a catastrophic season.  I'd say that Rice and Purdue would become the only teams they would be clearly favored to beat if they lose those four guys.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Shame Notre Dame didn't display the same degree of institutional integrity with Dorsey4PathologicalLiar.

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 20, 2014, 06:35:33 AM
Shame Notre Dame didn't display the same degree of institutional integrity with Dorsey4PathologicalLiar.

Could just be that Dorsey drew the line at fucking ugly chicks in return for a research paper.  His scams were usually much more entertaining and complex.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

alfred russel

Glad to see you reaching the acceptance stage with me going to Notre Dame. :hug:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: grumbler on August 20, 2014, 06:11:50 AM
No one with a life believes that a vacated win becomes a win for the opponent.

That isn't what I was trying to say, but I find it funny you associate having a life to understanding the process governing vacated wins in college football.  :lol:

QuoteI'd say that Rice and Purdue would become the only teams they would be clearly favored to beat if they lose those four guys.

:lol: Dream on.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

Quote from: alfred russel on August 20, 2014, 08:51:01 AM

Glad to see you reaching the acceptance stage with me going to Notre Dame. :hug:

I'v always been a fan of fiction.

katmai

Bring on the Wolverines!!!!!
Well in 2020 & 2021 :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

grumbler

Quote from: katmai on August 20, 2014, 05:48:37 PM
Bring on the Wolverines!!!!!
Well in 2020 & 2021 :P
Yeah, I saw that.  Michigan doesn't have a very good record against early-season West Coast teams playing at home.  At least we get VT at home that year.

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Texas and Michigan should play again.  That was a good game.

grumbler

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 21, 2014, 06:20:41 PM

Agreed.  Texas is pretty booked, though.  Michigan has one more "big series" to announce (in fact, they are behind the schedule for announcement) and there are rumors that it is Texas.  They'd be my #1 choice.  But not at JerryWorld.

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

I'd say Maryland would be a nice tune-up game before Texas, but I don't think they'd make Michigan sweat enough.

Stupid school. :mad:

Valmy

Quote from: grumbler on August 22, 2014, 12:47:48 PM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 21, 2014, 06:20:41 PM

Agreed.  Texas is pretty booked, though.  Michigan has one more "big series" to announce (in fact, they are behind the schedule for announcement) and there are rumors that it is Texas.  They'd be my #1 choice.  But not at JerryWorld.

Man I was pissed when I found out the UCLA game is at JerryWorld.  Texas already plays the biggest game of the year in Dallas every year.  Don't take a home game against a top 10 team away from the hometown fans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 22, 2014, 01:37:53 PM
I'd say Maryland would be a nice tune-up game before Texas, but I don't think they'd make Michigan sweat enough.

Stupid school. :mad:

I think Maryland will be an exciting team to watch this year.  The main contest will be to see if their line can buy their QB enough time to utilize their excellent receiving corps (a bunch of guys whom you wouldn't have even thought would consider Maryland).  I don't think they match up well against Michigan, though, because Michigan's corners are going to be very hard to throw against (and the more receivers, the better for Michigan, because they are way deeper at corner than anyone is at receiver).

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2014, 01:56:10 PM
Man I was pissed when I found out the UCLA game is at JerryWorld.  Texas already plays the biggest game of the year in Dallas every year.  Don't take a home game against a top 10 team away from the hometown fans.

Brian Cook at MGoBlog finally cracked the code on why teams do that JerryWorld shit; because the TV rights to those games goes to Jerry, they get a bigger cut than they'd get sharing home game TV revenue with the rest of the conference.  That's about as big a betrayal of the spirit of college football as I can think of offhand.  Students, especially, want to travel to other campuses and see other teams' home stadiums in action.  The atmosphere at pro stadiums is pro; if you want that, there are already teams playing at pro stadiums...

I hope the conferences crack down on this shit.  The LSU-Wisconsin "home and home" series at Houston's Reliant Stadium and Lambeau Field is an especially egregious example:  there is no excuse for these games not to be at their home stadiums, because they aren't one-offs.  It is interesting that LSU has agreed to play in the north (and that Wisconsin is willing to be an SEC punching bag for three straight years), but it would be far better if they played at their actual stadiums in front of their actual fans.

Bayraktar!

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on August 22, 2014, 01:56:10 PM

It's at Jerryworld instead of the Rose Bowl IIRC.  The Horns aren't missing out on a home game.

E:  At not a.