And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2014-2015

Started by sbr, April 10, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2014, 06:21:14 PM
The Big 12 starts off 0-2.  Le sigh.

Best team in FCS beats a BCS team!  BIGGEST UPSET OF ALL TIME!

Seriously, relax.  The B12 lost two games they were expected to lose.  The Big ten was closer in more games against cupcakes than I like, and NW lost to Cal. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

I know it is just North Texas but damn Charlie Strong's defense is suffocating.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Wyoming completely curbstomped the #5 FCS team the Montana Grizzlies with a suffocating defense and powerful offense...

Ok, Wyoming escaped with a 17-12 win, no offense and a decent defense.

This might be a long, long year.  At least Wyoming HAD a defense for the first time in about 5 years.

Oh, and no more "METH" signs in the endzone. Too bad.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

I think an official just accidentally blew his whistle in the middle of a play in the UT-UNT game.  Ash threw a little shovel pass to the TE, but while the ball was in the air, someone blew the play dead.  TE caught it and just sort of stood there with it+gave the DB a smack.  Everyone was in bounds.  Very strange.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 30, 2014, 08:22:56 PM
I think an official just accidentally blew his whistle in the middle of a play in the UT-UNT game.  Ash threw a little shovel pass to the TE, but while the ball was in the air, someone blew the play dead.  TE caught it and just sort of stood there with it+gave the DB a smack.  Everyone was in bounds.  Very strange.

I know that was weird.  The play just randomly stopped.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

North Texas has three turnovers and 31 yards at the half  :cool: :punk:

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2014, 07:32:52 PM
I know it is just North Texas but damn Charlie Strong's defense is suffocating.

I imagine playing his defense is a lot like getting a Charlie Strong bear hug. You may wiggle and flail a bit at first, but eventually you give up and are crushed to death in silence.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2014, 08:37:19 PM

That being said, North Texas.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadBurgerMaker

John Harris started out a shakily with a couple drops, but now the guy is making catches and trucking DBs.  Ran over some poor schmuck for a TD just now.  Earlier (after the weird play Val and I were talking about above) he carried a whole bunch of UNT players for a few yards before getting facemasked and finally going down.  WRs that do shit like that are awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on August 30, 2014, 08:52:02 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2014, 08:37:19 PM

That being said, North Texas.  :P

Held them to 94 yards and forced four turnovers.  I know it is North Texas but that did my heart good.  No play for over 8 yards all night.

MBM: Espinosa out, a defensive player who moved to OLine a few weeks ago started at tackle.  It is going to be a rough season for the dudes up front on offense.

Edit: Oklahoma State and West Virginia did the Big 12 proud today.  They both had every reason to expect to be blown out but they both brought it.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2014, 10:51:23 PM
MBM: Espinosa out, a defensive player who moved to OLine a few weeks ago started at tackle.  It is going to be a rough season for the dudes up front on offense.

I saw Strong was talking about that in the press conference after the game.  Talking about reshuffling the line and such.  I just hope they can coach that freshman C up a lot over the next week.  The "new" line has like....10 starts?...something like that, between them.

Valmy

Wow brutal choke job by Wisconsin.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on August 30, 2014, 11:52:46 PM
Wow brutal choke job by Wisconsin.

It's the grass. 

(made by someone on SA from the "they're in" commercial)

e: spelling derp