Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

alfred russel

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 20, 2014, 07:41:06 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 20, 2014, 07:23:17 PM
I had a bit of the diarrhea over the weekend.  :huh:

Poop n00b.

Nah, if he was really a noob, that wouldn't be a bit of diarrhea, it would be extremely severe constipation.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

And the Spanish nurse as been officially cured of Ebola.  :)

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

It's also the 21st day since she first developed symptoms, and so far nobody that has been in contact with her has developed the illness. Fingers crossed.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

KRonn

Well, at least it's a start. Have airport personnel  checking for signs of Ebola, though hospital staff are sometimes wrong. Besides, what if a person has Ebola but is not yet symptomatic? 

Grey Fox

Quote from: KRonn on October 21, 2014, 02:25:53 PM
Well, at least it's a start. Have airport personnel  checking for signs of Ebola, though hospital staff are sometimes wrong. Besides, what if a person has Ebola but is not yet symptomatic?

Then it's basically's Schroeders Ebola.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

PJL

My prediction. 60,000 dead before it's controlled (will take a year for cumulative deaths to stabilise).

Liep

Quote from: PJL on October 21, 2014, 02:57:11 PM
My prediction. 60,000 dead before it's controlled (will take a year for cumulative deaths to stabilise).

Are we making a pool?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on October 21, 2014, 02:59:36 PM

Are we making a pool?

I guess we are now.  I'll take 70,000.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

PJL

Are we making a pool?

It's not just a guess, it's a prediction based on the total cases & deaths so far, with various calculations. It'll end up infecting about 1.6 million according to my model (but once vaccination programs are up and running  the death rate will fall dramatically) by the end of 2017.

Of course this is just reported cases & deaths, and it could be that both figures could be ten times worse.

Liep

Quote from: PJL on October 21, 2014, 03:09:07 PM

Are we making a pool?

It's not just a guess, it's a prediction based on the total cases & deaths so far, with various calculations. It'll end up infecting about 1.6 million according to my model (but once vaccination programs are up and running  the death rate will fall dramatically) by the end of 2017.

Of course this is just reported cases & deaths, and it could be that both figures could be ten times worse.

So it's a guess.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk