Ebola and other Epidemics, Inadequate Healthcare Threatens Millions

Started by mongers, March 23, 2014, 04:48:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on October 10, 2014, 09:15:59 AM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on October 09, 2014, 09:47:57 AM
Quote from: Josephus on October 09, 2014, 09:28:32 AM
So the dude in Dallas died. This disease has a 100 per cent fatality rate in North America.

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE

Uh, American hospitals are currently 3 for 4 on saving Ebola patients.

Ok. I'm now challenging this assumption. Everything I read shows there was one (1) confirmed ebola case in the US of A. And that person is dead.

1/1*100= 100

We've shipped infected Americans (I believe all had symptoms) back to the US to get treated.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on October 10, 2014, 09:22:22 AM
He's right that it's 1 for 1 for black Americans though. :P

I'm not sure I'd consider him a black American given that he was not a US citizen but a citizen of Liberia.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/09/health/ebola-duncan-death-cause/index.html
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Josephus on October 10, 2014, 09:15:59 AM
Ok. I'm now challenging this assumption. Everything I read shows there was one (1) confirmed ebola case in the US of A. And that person is dead.

1/1*100= 100

The US has had 4 cases of Ebola imported from West Africa, and 0 cases contracted in the US (so far).  Thus, the US is either 3/4 or 0/0.  I don't think you can separate the Liberian from the repatriated Americans just because the Liberian was asymptomatic when he showed up.  He still entered the country infected.

lustindarkness

Can Liberia ship some of the infected to Syria for treatment?  Two birds one stone kinda deal?
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Quote from: lustindarkness on October 10, 2014, 10:53:15 AM
Can Liberia ship some of the infected to Syria for treatment?  Two birds one stone kinda deal?

Then AQ will start shipping ebola infected around the world to spit in your food.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 10, 2014, 10:54:47 AM

Then AQ will start shipping ebola infected around the world to spit in your food.

OK,  this needs more planning, thank you.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

ISIS is too busy trying to load it up on Mexicans and bring it across the southern border, or haven't you been watching Fox News.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 10, 2014, 11:08:53 AM
ISIS is too busy trying to load it up on Mexicans and bring it across the southern border, or haven't you been watching Fox News.

Don't worry, Gov. Hairgel will protect us.

Josephus

ISIS is so behind the times. Forget Mexicans, they're not coming across the border. Go after the Guatemalan children.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Wasn't that because he 'jokingly' claimed to have Ebola himself? Don't shout BOMB! either.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: Liep on October 10, 2014, 01:27:06 PM
Wasn't that because he 'jokingly' claimed to have Ebola himself? Don't shout BOMB! either.

A little common sense goes a long way.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011