And we're back!

Main Menu

Oscars 2014

Started by Sheilbh, March 02, 2014, 07:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

The Oscars are just not the same without Habsburg.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Valmy on March 02, 2014, 07:09:13 PM
The Oscars are just not the same without Habsburg.
I miss the Habsies  :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Monoriu

The 2014 Oscars ended on 16 January for me, when the Madoka Magica movie failed to get nominated for best animated feature  :cry:

Sheilbh

In about two hours Ellen will go to her dressing room and find Liza Minelli with a half-drunk quart of vodka and a switchblade.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

John Gielgud was so right about her.

Queequeg

When the fuck did people start wearing notch lapel tuxedos en masse?  It's a fucking travesty. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

I'm confused on the repeated posts about Liza Minelli. None of this seems noteworthy or a departure from her typical behavior. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

I love Anne Hathaway's dress!

I hate Anne Hathaway's speech :bleeding: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Queequeg on March 02, 2014, 08:41:57 PM
When the fuck did people start wearing notch lapel tuxedos en masse?  It's a fucking travesty.

Dude, have you considered Transcendental Meditation?

CountDeMoney

I wouldn't have gone with Jared Leto's white dinner jacket, but the burgundy tie and pocket square make it work.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2014, 08:47:17 PM
I wouldn't have gone with Jared Leto's white dinner jacket, but the burgundy tie and pocket square make it work.

But I definitely wouldn't have gone with the ad hoc Ukraine and Venezuela solidarity remark.  :lol:

Sheilbh

I like Jared Leto. Can't help but feel he could make a little bit more of an effort. Always looks a bit dirty.

And a message for the 'dreamers' in Ukraine and Venezuela. 'We are here'. That'll be a relief.
Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2014, 08:47:17 PM

I'm actually a big fan of white dinner jackets.  It's got a Casablanca/Bryan Ferry in peak Roxy Music vibe. 

Amy Adams looks fucking fantastic.  God she's fucking wonderful.  :wub:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."