News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Oscars 2014

Started by Sheilbh, March 02, 2014, 07:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

I don't think Channing Tatum's done enough to be an Oscars presenter yet. I loved 21 Jump Street....But...
Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sheilbh

McConnaughey's wearing a white tux and a waistcoat :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

I'm watching True Detective but his tuxedo is also super shrunk.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sheilbh

I think there should probably be an English proficiency test before you're allowed to give a speech.
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

And Denmark takes it! Helium wins best live action short. :yeah:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

Probably not the night to wear a blazer made of your nan's sofa <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on March 02, 2014, 08:50:30 PM
I'm actually a big fan of white dinner jackets.  It's got a Casablanca/Bryan Ferry in peak Roxy Music vibe. 

But this is California in winter, and an evening awards ceremony no less, not New Members Night at the BHCC or martinis and baccarat at the Monte Carlo.

Shameful.  :mad:

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Queequeg on March 02, 2014, 09:11:44 PM
I'm also hoping this is the last Oscars where all the Tuxedos are 2009 Brooklyn tight. It's not flattering or elegant.

Tailored Fit and Slim Fitting is all the designer rage these days, with their high buttons and tapered legs. 

The rest of us, well, it's still going to be 1979 Toughskins in Husky size.   :mad:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 02, 2014, 09:46:21 PM
ANGELA LANSBURY!

Piss on her.  Fucking up Seelöwe with her museum bullshit.  Fuck that.

Liep

But we were robbed in best documentary and best foreign film. :weep:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

I'm glad Paolo Sorrentino's won an Oscar. Not convinced it should have been for the Great Beauty.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Ellen in the white suit is a little Droogy.

Edit: Oh U2....Fuck this, I'm going for a Twix.
Let's bomb Russia!