News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Oscars 2014

Started by Sheilbh, March 02, 2014, 07:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2014, 08:48:35 PM
But I definitely wouldn't have gone with the ad hoc Ukraine and Venezuela solidarity remark.  :lol:
Hell he got Ukraine, Venezuela, AIDS victims and single mothers. Impressive really.
Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 02, 2014, 08:50:37 PM
But I definitely wouldn't have gone with the ad hoc Ukraine and Venezuela solidarity remark.  :lol:
Hell he got Ukraine, Venezuela, AIDS victims and single mothers. Impressive really.

Loses points on global warming.

Sheilbh

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2014, 08:53:15 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 02, 2014, 08:50:37 PM

Loses points on global warming.
Yeah and, given his role, trans-issues :lol: :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

Chris Hemsworth really pulling off that slightly campy Victorian darker-than-burgundy and black tux. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Oh my God.  Margot Rabbie as a brunette.  Fuuuuuck. 

Queequeg

Steve Coogan went DB!   :yeah:

Queequeg

Portia de Rossi looks like the ridiculous lacework tablecloth on my grandparent's table when they were Mission Presidents in Birmingham, England. 

Sheilbh

This is basically an award for dressing people in period dramas. If a Brit doesn't win this I'll be livid.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

I think that may be 'Jackass presents...' only nomination tonight :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

When is the Blue Tux thing going to phase out?  It's really being overplayed. 

Sheilbh

Both those winners should probably have spoken before the tribute to AIDS victims.

'It's an honour to present your story.'
'Thank you, and hello Alex and Mary.'
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Queequeg on March 02, 2014, 09:05:55 PM
When is the Blue Tux thing going to phase out?  It's really being overplayed.
I'm not keen on it. Also I hated Bradley Cooper/Gerard Butler at Wimbledon.
Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg

I'm also hoping this is the last Oscars where all the Tuxedos are 2009 Brooklyn tight. It's not flattering or elegant.