And we're back!

Main Menu

Oscars 2014

Started by Sheilbh, March 02, 2014, 07:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: Queequeg on March 02, 2014, 11:09:28 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on March 02, 2014, 11:03:52 PM
Westboro Baptist Church will just give up and disband after this Oscars.
Please tell me it's a disaster?  I really hate Ellen.
No it's just a lot gayer than normal. Pink doing a Wizard of Oz tribute, Liza, Bette Midler :lol:

:w00t: Let it go :w00t:

Edit: I always forget about Goldie Hawn.
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2014, 11:04:37 PM
I can appreciate Hollywood wanting to say goodbye to all the high-profile deaths and Phillip Seymour Hoffman in particular, but was Bette Midler and "Wind Beneath My Wings" really the only way to do it?

I'm just glad they took time to remember the AC who died just last week.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Queequeg

Angelina Jolie is barely an actress.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Sophie Scholl

Alright, alright, alright.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

Queequeg

The fuck was Will Smith wearing? His fucking shirt was unbottoned.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Sheilbh

I like how many people brought their mums.
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

I liked how Bill Murray mentioned Harold Ramis.  I liked Harold Ramis.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

And just when 11Bravo thought Black History Month was over, he's going to have to hear more about black people whine about slavery.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Queequeg on March 03, 2014, 12:02:21 AM
The fuck was Will Smith wearing? His fucking shirt was unbottoned.

How can every opinion you hold be so wrong? So wrong.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2014, 10:36:43 PM
Jennifer Lawrence's hair looks amazing tonight. :wub:

:yuk: That's like spooging over Denise Crosby to me.  Pass.
Experience bij!

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 03, 2014, 07:01:29 AM
And just when 11Bravo thought Black History Month was over, he's going to have to hear more about black people whine about slavery.

Roots was enough white guilt for me.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 03, 2014, 09:49:55 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 03, 2014, 07:01:29 AM

Roots was enough white guilt for me.

I know this is a joke, but I don't get this concept at all.  Should people in Nigeria feel bad for being descended from the dudes who sold them into slavery?  Unless you are 200 years old I don't see the guilt.  But sure enough whenever you so much as say something like 'slavery was bad and conquering whole continents is something people should not do anymore mmmkay' people start whining about white guilt as if there is any agenda here beyond saying things that are blatantly obvious.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive