News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Adopting older cats

Started by Brazen, February 24, 2014, 09:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I adopt kitties?

Yes, these ones! They need a home and you're already half way to being a crazy cat lady
14 (60.9%)
Yes, but not these ones. They're second hand and you don't know how reliable they are.
0 (0%)
Maybe, but it depends on...
0 (0%)
No, you'll never travel again
2 (8.7%)
No, it would mean you've pretty much given up on ever having sex again
7 (30.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

merithyn

:blink:

You sure she's not pregnant?? :unsure:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

It's carrying Dr. Jones and its father out of the Fatherland.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

I'm expecting Ace Ventura to crawl out of its ass.

Syt

Ide would not want to have sex with that cat.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

CountDeMoney

CountDeMoney

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

Brazen

Well I've asked Mr Hooligan to get in touch with his daughter to check whether they've been immunised and neutered. Zeppecat definitely looked a lot smaller in the first picture he sent, despite him saying she'd lost weight from her largest size! Called the local vet and the receptionist gave me some good advice on insurance and check-ups, and that it's OK to get another set of jabs if we don't know whether they've had them.

Update: He just messaged me "Ha, nope she's not preggers". Well, that's all right then.

The Brain

Quote from: merithyn on February 24, 2014, 02:42:14 PM
Quote from: Barrister on February 24, 2014, 02:32:06 PM
Quote from: merithyn on February 24, 2014, 01:55:06 PM
Yes. :)

Cats aren't like dogs. You can put a couple of days of food and water out and they'll be fine. The cat litter will need attention when you get home, but otherwise, the one- or two-day travel jaunts shouldn't be that big of a deal. (You will need to have someone check on them if you go on a true holiday, though. 24-48 hours is the most I'll leave my cats alone.)

And older cats are fine. Find out their quirks ("Do they wee on clothes left on the floor? Do they wake me up at 4:30am for breakfast?") and then make a decision, but I'd take them in. :)

I think I've let our cat alone for up to 4-5 days at a time, and lots of times for 3 day long weekends.  They'll be pissed off at you when you return, but they quickly get over it.

Cats are so much easier than dogs.....

:yes:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Brazen on February 26, 2014, 08:21:51 AM
Here's Tubster:

You could dress this one up as a manatee and take it out on Halloween.

crazy canuck

Have you considered the trebling of your grocery bill with that one?