Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 07, 2014, 02:13:38 PM
Princess Anne leading the British delegation at the opening ceremony :lol:

:wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

So the warm-up act was Russian police doing their cover of Get Lucky:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P08B_lBUL0E#t=25

Syt:
:mmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Caliga

They need to have that Ukrainian dude that did the scene things with the sand.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Did they have Panzer III's busting into the arena when they got to WWII?  Please say yes.

CountDeMoney

I really wish the IOC would drop the notion of hosting the Games in third world countries.

Although, the games in Brazil oughta be a real hoot.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

Quote from: derspiess on February 07, 2014, 03:34:35 PM
Did they have Panzer III's busting into the arena when they got to WWII?  Please say yes.

According to a commentator they skipped WW2. They did have Natasha's first ball from War & Peace, though. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Liep

Quote from: Queequeg on February 07, 2014, 04:49:48 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 07, 2014, 03:21:25 PM
IMG
Holy shit.  That's seriously fucking impressive. 

Aye, that and the whole 1917 revolution intro was my favourite, although the War & Peace ballet wasn't bad either. And it actually bugs me that the picture on every front page will be that limp ring.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk