News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Quote from: Liep on February 08, 2014, 06:50:27 AM
So I like the CBC website, but the female speedskating commentator is annoying as hell. High pitched Canadian =  :bleeding:

That's Kristina Groves, our #1 distance speed skater. 
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Liep on February 08, 2014, 04:54:01 AM
The slopestyle final is great, but that Norwegian guy was robbed, he clearly had the best run.

Maxence was the one who got robbed.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 08, 2014, 01:28:39 AM
I watched the whole thing and it was great.  :Embarrass:

I think (quasi) autocratic countries have a real advantage in this sort of thing. Aside from the funding they seem to come up with, they don't need to represent a bunch of different groups or viewpoints in the history storylines.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Liep

Bruno Banani didn't come in last in the first luge run, but because of all the commentators talking about his name change he's still worth every cent I would think.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Some very good looking girls in the moguls freestyle.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on February 08, 2014, 10:31:41 AM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 08, 2014, 01:28:39 AM
I watched the whole thing and it was great.  :Embarrass:

I think (quasi) autocratic countries have a real advantage in this sort of thing. Aside from the funding they seem to come up with, they don't need to represent a bunch of different groups or viewpoints in the history storylines.
Not only that, but massive performances involving thousands of people are what autocratic regimes specialize at.

Liep

Canadian sisters dominate the freestyle moguls. They missed the sweep though leaving the third sister in 12th position.

crazy canuck

Razgovory

I always find myself rooting for the Canadians in these things.  Well, the anglophone ones at least.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 08, 2014, 02:47:45 PM
A change of Avatar is in order

I wonder why you allow the summer games to pass without an avatar change?  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

crazy canuck

Quote from: alfred russel on February 08, 2014, 03:32:24 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 08, 2014, 02:47:45 PM
A change of Avatar is in order

I wonder why you allow the summer games to pass without an avatar change?  :P

The longer you go after shedding your fake alias the more the dorsey idiocy returns.

Look at my forum name....

Admiral Yi

I don't see the point of skiatholon, other than to increase events.  It should just be: here's the course, go as fast as you can.

And the thing where they ski off metal rails is the most deeply retarded X game event ever imported into the Olympics.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 08, 2014, 04:28:49 PM
And the thing where they ski off metal rails is the most deeply retarded X game event ever imported into the Olympics.

About 25 years ago most ski hills banned snow boards because the old folks thought it was the most deeply retarded thing they ever saw.

I assume that you dont get up on ski hills that much Yi.  If you did you would see most the the under 25 crowd was spending most of their time "skiing" off those metal rails.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 08, 2014, 04:22:23 PM
The longer you go after shedding your fake alias the more the dorsey idiocy returns.

Look at my forum name....

Citing craziness as the reason for making decisions is a cop-out.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 08, 2014, 04:48:16 PM
About 25 years ago most ski hills banned snow boards because the old folks thought it was the most deeply retarded thing they ever saw.

I assume that you dont get up on ski hills that much Yi.  If you did you would see most the the under 25 crowd was spending most of their time "skiing" off those metal rails.

And I would still think it's a retarded Olympic event.