News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics

Started by Liep, February 06, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

Great Britain wins its first ever olympic medal in a snow discipline. Jenny Jones gets bronze in slopestyle, Jamie Anderson deservedly wins.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

katmai

Quote from: Liep on February 09, 2014, 05:31:39 AM
Great Britain wins its first ever olympic medal in a snow discipline. Jenny Jones gets bronze in slopestyle, Jamie Anderson deservedly wins.
USA! USA! USA!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 08, 2014, 04:28:49 PM
I don't see the point of skiatholon, other than to increase events.  It should just be: here's the course, go as fast as you can.

Well, it's to challenge the runners to use different techniques and muscles. I mean, Ironman contenders don't just cycle the last 42 km even though that'd be faster.

Grey Fox

Why would anyone want to cut any Olympic sports. We need MORE, always MORE.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 09, 2014, 08:30:52 AM
Why would anyone want to cut any Olympic sports. We need MORE, always MORE.

So they can build proper hotel rooms instead of another stadium, I guess.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

The American Ice Dancing pair is really something to see.  I also watched the women's biathalon on a live feed.  I am amazed at how quickly they can get their heart rate down after racing so they can shoot with accuracy.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 08, 2014, 05:45:39 PMWhat I think you are saying is you dont like sports where judgment from officials is required.

I do find it a bit annoying for sports where the entire method of scoring is subjective points from judges.  I mean sure soccer has refs who can give out red or yellow cards and call fouls and seriously impact the game but at the end of the day they do not watch both teams play and then vote on how many goals each team deserves based on the prettiness of their passing.  But there is no other way really to have competitions based on Figure skating.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 09, 2014, 01:44:25 PM
The American Ice Dancing pair is really something to see.  I also watched the women's biathalon on a live feed.  I am amazed at how quickly they can get their heart rate down after racing so they can shoot with accuracy.

Biathlon is awesome.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

Quote from: Valmy on February 09, 2014, 01:56:58 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on February 09, 2014, 01:44:25 PM

Biathlon is awesome.

It really is; one of my favorites.
and the horse you rode in on

Richard Hakluyt

It is the James Bond event of winter sports  :cool:

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 09, 2014, 02:07:05 AM

Time for Olympic golf and bowling!

Is golf coming?

I don't think bowling is athletic enough to be a sport, and doesn't have the gravitas. The same reasons I don't think darts, croquet, and shuffleboard should be Olympic sports. I'd go on but I don't want to piss off BB.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Grey Fox

Yes, golf is making a come back in Rio in 2016.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Sheilbh

:bleeding: I don't even think golf should be a sport among golfers.
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Hey now, I enjoy a round of golf.

Okay, I'm lying. I suck at it. Badly.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive