News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Philip Seymour Hoffman dead of heroin OD

Started by Queequeg, February 02, 2014, 01:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Queequeg

Or don't, really.  It's a blasted wasteland a thousand times more oppressive that the surrounding desert.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Sounds like sitcom material. Ed, Tim, Sheilbh and Jaron are roommates in Utah and have to learn to deal with each other as well as their wacky Mormon neighbors.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Queequeg

A lot of Utah is fine.  I love semi-deserts, actually. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Capetan Mihali

50 bags of NYC heroin is worth probably $400, tops. 
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

katmai

Why am I not surprised he knows this..
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 03, 2014, 10:20:12 PM
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 03, 2014, 10:16:43 PM
Sounds like sitcom material. Ed, Tim, Sheilbh and Jaron are roommates in Utah and have to learn to deal with each other as well as their wacky Mormon neighbors.

Tim gets stabbed in the neck, me and Shiela discuss the English Civil War and Jaron does yard work.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on February 03, 2014, 10:24:46 PM

Because he sold it to Hoffman on Thursday.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 03, 2014, 10:25:30 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 03, 2014, 10:16:43 PM

Tim gets stabbed in the neck, me and Shiela discuss the English Civil War and Jaron does yard work.

Ok, the producers would like to know, if they were to recast Spellus in the Tim role, could you keep your murderous impulses in check? Legal liability issues and what not.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 03, 2014, 10:55:36 PM
Ok, the producers would like to know, if they were to recast Spellus in the Tim role, could you keep your murderous impulses in check? Legal liability issues and what not.
Why you assuming Ed would be the one to kill Tim? :P
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: katmai on February 03, 2014, 10:24:46 PM

Well, a $50-80 bundle (ten bags rubber-banded together) of NYC/Newark/Philly heroin is sold at basically the same price, but more stepped-on, in Hartford Conn. or Springfield Mass., and then sold for $150-175 in Vermont, and then re-sold for $20-25 an individual bag.  Which is still much cheaper than its equivalent in prescription opioids.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ed Anger

alfred russel

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on February 03, 2014, 11:02:05 PM

Well, a $50-80 bundle (ten bags rubber-banded together) of NYC/Newark/Philly heroin is sold at basically the same price, but more stepped-on, in Hartford Conn. or Springfield Mass., and then sold for $150-175 in Vermont, and then re-sold for $20-25 an individual bag.  Which is still much cheaper than its equivalent in prescription opioids.

But which gives you more bang for the buck? Say you wanted to stretch out $200, what would you buy?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014