Philip Seymour Hoffman dead of heroin OD

Started by Queequeg, February 02, 2014, 01:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

N.B. "what about Mockingjay" is what Greece said when she found out about Hoffman's death, which I thought was an insanely crass reaction to the end of a human life.  Ironically, however, it seems I will be more likely to die alone.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

I know you didn't really mean it. :hug:  I don't think you're really self-centered either. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

Queenqueq getting torqued up over actors dying from substance abuse BECAUSE THAT NEVER HAPPENS is kinda like getting upset over tribal conflict in Africa.  Happens every day.

Queequeg

Quote from: Ideologue on February 03, 2014, 09:06:53 PM
You're the one being self-centered, Mr. But What About Mockingjay Part II.
When did I ask this?
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Queequeg

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 03, 2014, 09:10:44 PM
Queenqueq getting torqued up over actors dying from substance abuse BECAUSE THAT NEVER HAPPENS is kinda like getting upset over tribal conflict in Africa.  Happens every day.
It was more that he was my favorite actor in most of my favorite movies, including my favorite movie (Boogie Nights), and that he was kind of my doppelganger. 

Habbaku

Quote from: Queequeg on February 03, 2014, 09:05:30 PM
You are both horrible people and I hope you die painfully and alone.

I was making fun of Ide and his Assburgers level of worry about the dollar amount of some lost drugs in the middle of a tragedy.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

I hope you die... painlessly and surrounded by loved ones, but that they don't get a fucking dime.
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Especially when heroin has been so cheap and of higher quality.

Glad to see that bombing the living piss out of the Taliban while we were tear-assing around Afghanistan looking for the shit the last 10 years really put a dent in the heroin trade.  :lol:

Habbaku

I hope that after I die, people will say of me : "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

jimmy olsen

Quote from: PDH on February 03, 2014, 09:08:45 PM

Really, you get a little too involved, Spellus.  Let it go, there are tragedies large and small in life.  They are not life.  If we can't laugh with black humor at the malevolence of it all then we might just as well curl up.

Most Koreans don't really get black humor, or sarcasm, it makes my life difficult sometimes. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

I want to go to the country you're too dark for.
Let's bomb Russia!

Queequeg