Philip Seymour Hoffman dead of heroin OD

Started by Queequeg, February 02, 2014, 01:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

My first thought was "life imitates art," referring to his heroin addict role in Tropic Thunder.

:hide:

Caliga

:o

:cry:

Fuckin idiot, fuckin idiot, fuckin idiot.... :weep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 02, 2014, 04:34:57 PM
My first thought was "life imitates art," referring to his heroin addict role in Tropic Thunder.

....Jesus.
Let's bomb Russia!

katmai

For once I agree with Cal, this news just pisses me off.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

The Larch

It was Jack Black in that movie, not him.

celedhring

Ah fuck. This sucks. Still amazes me seeing people of means and clear intelligence getting caught by this  :(

One of the best actors of his generation.

Ed Anger

Quote from: The Larch on February 02, 2014, 05:00:43 PM

It was Jack Black in that movie, not him.

Us round eyes all look the same.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 02, 2014, 05:12:42 PM
Us round eyes all look the same.

Especially when the most you watch of a film is 25 minutes in the middle.

Queequeg

Quote from: celedhring on February 02, 2014, 05:10:05 PM
Ah fuck. This sucks. Still amazes me seeing people of means and clear intelligence getting caught by this  :(

One of the best actors of his generation.
I think I understand the impulse.  You get in to it a as young kid but, remarkably, and with a great deal of will, quit.  Then, when you're older and think you can control it, you see if you can return to it on your own terms.  You can't. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Queequeg

I'm pretty much floored by this.  I look a lot like him, and he's been my favorite American actor for years and years.  I'm starting to wonder how much of this is appropriate. 
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Neil

Quote from: Queequeg on February 02, 2014, 06:16:23 PM
I'm pretty much floored by this.  I look a lot like him, and he's been my favorite American actor for years and years.  I'm starting to wonder how much of this is appropriate.
How much of what?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Queequeg

Neil

It's certainly appropriate to have an emotional reaction here.  Just so long as it doesn't interfere with your real life.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk